Liverpool have beaten Tottenham to lift the Champions League for a sixth time in their history thanks to a controversial Video Assistant Referee decision and the most unlikely hero at the start of this mesmeric season.
Mohamed Salah converted the game’s only goal inside two minutes after Moussa Sissoko was penalised for handball, a penalty that would not have been given under Premier League rules.
After two semi-finals which promised so much this was a rather docile affair, but Merseyside won’t care a jot, there was nothing muted about the celebrations when Divock Origi struck the fatal blow across Hugo Lloris
a full squad to pick from, but there were still big decision to be made. Pochettino went bold with both, handing starts to Harry Kane and Harry Winks, neither of which had featured since April 9, the latter undergoing surgery at the end of that month.
Klopp, too, had a decision to make over Roberto Firmino. The Liverpool boss reaching the same conclusion, the Brazilian started.
When Jurgen Klopp signed with Liverpool four years ago, he said he expected this team to have a title by his fourth season. But after losses in the Champions League final last year and both the Europa League and League Cup in years prior, the pressure was on here to deliver, and the Reds did just that. It wasn’t an attacking outburst but it was a showing for the Reds that has characterized their season — strong defensively and taking chances in the final third. They did it against Barcelona in the semifinals, they did it all year long in the Premier League and then on the biggest stage, they take two chances to win the title and produce the most memorable day in their careers.
Klopp saw the potential to revive Liverpool, and he did just that by lifting them to the summit.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- OB70 Heads For A New Horizion as They Debut New Capsule
- Black Wall Street Begins Automatic Withdrawal Of Dividends Acquired Through Investment Points Gained From Regular Product Purchase On Redirect Mall.
- Nigerian music sensation “Danlil” releases his first NFT project
- New Video: Tiwa Savage – Somebody’s Son ft Brandy
- Soyinka, Other Scholars to Headline JP Clark’s First Memorial Literal Feast At UNILAG
- The new DC Superman comes out as bisexual
- #EndSARS: Lagos Police Warn Against Planned One-Year Anniversary Protest
- Bandits Beg For Food in Kaduna after Measures Drive them Hungry
- Muhammadu Buhari has provided a fresh impetus for the take-off of the community policing initiative in Nigeria.
- North Macedonia 0-4 Germany: Werner brace helps secure World Cup spot
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye