Simon Kjaer‘s last-gasp header has on March 11 grabbed a draw for AC Milan and a vital away goal in their 1-1 draw with Manchester United in Europa League last-16 first leg.
Man Utd made four changes from the side that beat Man City 2-0 on Sunday as Bailly, Telles, Matic and Greenwood came in to replace Lindelof, Shaw, Fred and the injured Rashford.
AC Milan were without the injured former Man Utd player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but there were a few familiar faces among the XI. On loan Man Utd right-back, Diogo Dalot started as well as Fikayo Tomori, signed on loan from Chelsea in the summer.
Manchester United new signee Amad Dialo opened the scoring in the second half. The 18-year-old who was signed from Atalanta for £37m, scored his first goal for Man Utd with his first shot on goal for the club.
Meanwhile, Simon Kjaer grabbed late equaliser with a header to take vital away goal back to Milan for second leg on March 18.
Milan dominated the first half, putting pressure on United’s defence. Milan’s midfielder, Franck Kessie saw his fine volley ruled out by VAR for a handball, while United’s defender Harry Maguire somehow missed a sitter from a yard out just before the break, shinning his effort onto the post.
At half-time, United’s striker Anthony Martial was brought off with an injury, and his replacement Diallo made an instant impact. Bruno Fernandes, who had struggled to get in the game, sent a sumptuous ball over the Milan defence, and Diallo, with his back to goal, 12 yards out, directed an expert backwards header over Gianluigi Donnarumma and into the net.
It was Diallo‘s first shot for the club in just his third appearance, all from the bench, and the piece of magic an under-par United were desperately looking for.
United should have added to their lead with another glaring miss, this time from Dan James, as he missed with the goal gaping at the far post from Mason Greenwood‘s delivery.
As expected, Milan piled on the pressure late on, and some last-ditch defending looked to have ensured the Italians didn’t score that vital away goal, with Henderson close to making it six clean sheets in his last six starts for United.
However, after Krunic’s late corner was headed goal-wards by Kjaer, goalkeeper Henderson should have done better, getting a hand to the header but not strong enough to prevent it going past him.
Next for Manchester United in the English premier League is a match against West Ham on Sunday, while AC Milan will also host Napoli will same day.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes