A medical practitioner, Dr Ayopo Adeyemi, on Sunday warned women against the use of artificial eyelashes, commonly used to enhance beauty, in view of its grievous consequences.
Adeyemi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the health implications of fixing false eyelashes included corneal abrasions or ulcers, damage of the natural eyelashes, eye sensitivity, amongst others.
She said fixing of artificial eyelashes had become an increasingly popular trend in the fashion world as most ladies, regardless of the health implications, seek perfection and glamour.
According to her, natural eyelashes had its natural way of preventing dirt, sweat, bacteria and other foreign materials from entering into the eye by trapping and keeping out anything that comes near.
Adeyemi, a practitioner at Mushin General Hospital, Lagos, said false eyelashes would accommodate the dirt, thereby causing different forms of allergy and infections.
“The use of harmful chemicals on the eyelashes can cause them to fall out quicker than they naturally would and it is also dangerous when tools to be used come in close proximity to the eye.
“Artificial eyelashes can cause trauma to the eye either through the glue and other materials used or unprofessional operators; there could be introduction of microbes into the eye causing conjunctivitis of all types.
“The lashes themselves can cause allergic conjunctivitis trapping and retaining dirt around the eye,” she said.
Adeyemi advised ladies to minimise the rate at which they fix false eyelashes if they must retain healthy natural ones.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- NBA Legend Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash
- Osinbajo reveals importance of VAT increment to economy
- President Buhari reiterates pledge to defeat Boko Haram
- Boko Haram: EU, UN express concern over increasing attacks on aid workers in Nigeria
- ‘Without stable electricity, Nigeria won’t make progress’ – El-Rufai
- Davido is set to Make an Appearance in Toyin Abraham’s “Alakada Reloaded”
- Burna Boy Gave a Thrilling Performance at the Pre-Grammy Party
- Bayern Munich 5-0 Schalke: Rampant win sees Bundesliga champions close the gap
- Hull City 1-2 Chelsea: Blues through after late scare
- Elite Vibez Awards (EVA) Announces Entry For Nominations For Eva 2020
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Sport1 year ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!