A medical practitioner, Dr Ayopo Adeyemi, on Sunday warned women against the use of artificial eyelashes, commonly used to enhance beauty, in view of its grievous consequences.
Adeyemi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the health implications of fixing false eyelashes included corneal abrasions or ulcers, damage of the natural eyelashes, eye sensitivity, amongst others.
She said fixing of artificial eyelashes had become an increasingly popular trend in the fashion world as most ladies, regardless of the health implications, seek perfection and glamour.
According to her, natural eyelashes had its natural way of preventing dirt, sweat, bacteria and other foreign materials from entering into the eye by trapping and keeping out anything that comes near.
Adeyemi, a practitioner at Mushin General Hospital, Lagos, said false eyelashes would accommodate the dirt, thereby causing different forms of allergy and infections.
“The use of harmful chemicals on the eyelashes can cause them to fall out quicker than they naturally would and it is also dangerous when tools to be used come in close proximity to the eye.
“Artificial eyelashes can cause trauma to the eye either through the glue and other materials used or unprofessional operators; there could be introduction of microbes into the eye causing conjunctivitis of all types.
“The lashes themselves can cause allergic conjunctivitis trapping and retaining dirt around the eye,” she said.
Adeyemi advised ladies to minimise the rate at which they fix false eyelashes if they must retain healthy natural ones.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Steve Maduka: Behind the SCENES of Royalhairs
- Burna Boy’s Sister Nissi Hits With Double Dose Singles, “trouble” And “tornado” Off Forthcoming Ep
- Wande Coal would be better than ever, 2020.
- New Music: Biizuace – Mamacita
- FRSC reveals traffic light violators to pay N50,000 from 2020
- Presidency justifies DSS rearrest of ‘person of interest’ Sowore
- Why Actors, Actresses Will Continue To Leave Nigeria —Kenny Odugbemi
- American Rapper Juice Wrld Dies At 21, After Suffering Seizure
- Cardi B Rocks Nigeria’s Green And White During Her Performance
- Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz 2 – Full Fight Highlights 2019
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!