A medical practitioner, Dr Ayopo Adeyemi, on Sunday warned women against the use of artificial eyelashes, commonly used to enhance beauty, in view of its grievous consequences.
Adeyemi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the health implications of fixing false eyelashes included corneal abrasions or ulcers, damage of the natural eyelashes, eye sensitivity, amongst others.
She said fixing of artificial eyelashes had become an increasingly popular trend in the fashion world as most ladies, regardless of the health implications, seek perfection and glamour.
According to her, natural eyelashes had its natural way of preventing dirt, sweat, bacteria and other foreign materials from entering into the eye by trapping and keeping out anything that comes near.
Adeyemi, a practitioner at Mushin General Hospital, Lagos, said false eyelashes would accommodate the dirt, thereby causing different forms of allergy and infections.
“The use of harmful chemicals on the eyelashes can cause them to fall out quicker than they naturally would and it is also dangerous when tools to be used come in close proximity to the eye.
“Artificial eyelashes can cause trauma to the eye either through the glue and other materials used or unprofessional operators; there could be introduction of microbes into the eye causing conjunctivitis of all types.
“The lashes themselves can cause allergic conjunctivitis trapping and retaining dirt around the eye,” she said.
Adeyemi advised ladies to minimise the rate at which they fix false eyelashes if they must retain healthy natural ones.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Cristiano Ronaldo Overtakes Lionel Messi As Forbes’ 2021 Highest-Earning Footballer
- One in Every 6 Person in Kano State is A Drug Addict – NDLEA Boss
- NPA Headquarters In Lagos Gutted By Fire
- Vice President of Suriname Plays For A Team He Owns in CONCACAF League Fixture But Couldn’t Stop Them From Losing 6 – 0
- Davido Loses Another Close Aide
- Watch the Moment Nini Sneaked Into A Secret Room Through An Emergency Exit Door
- I Had Ovarian Cyst – Uriel Gives Reason For Huge Weight Loss
- Four Dead As 18-Seater Bus Plunges Into Black River In Kogi
- How Face of Igbo Heritage Legend Awards Will Change Igbo Story Globally
- Emir Of Gaya Is Dead At 91 After Brief Illness
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects