Egyptian and Liverpool forward, Mohamed Salah, who is the current African best footballer is the latest star to land on the cover of GQ Middle East.
Speaking with the magazine in an interview, the 26-year-old footballer spoke about the role his father played in making him a better footballer.
Salah played at El Mokawloon, Basel, Chelsea, Fiorentina, and Roma, but his career took off after signing for Liverpool.
‘I would complain that I didn’t want to travel [the four hours] to training,’ said Salah, remembering the role his father played.
‘But he stood by me and told me that all great players go through this. The price for him was very high, and I’ll never forget the role he played in my career.’
The attacker has already scored 42 goals in 53 appearances for Liverpool, and speaking about his performance sofar, he said:
‘It makes me feel great, and makes me want to work harder and to continue performing,’ he says. ‘Because after that if your standards drop, people will not accept it. It’s a great feeling, but I don’t see it as more pressure.’
For young players aspiring to become a footballer, the Liverpool star advice them saying:
‘For me, nothing was going to come easily… nothing good ever does. I went through every possible stage a footballer could go through. Moving from an Arab country to Europe, you feel the difference in everything from the standard of living to food, to communication.
‘You don’t know what to do. After that you become organised because you want to reach your goals. If you don’t try then you will always stay at home. I’m not belittling that at all, if that’s what you want, then that’s okay too.’
Continue with his photos below,
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World