Nigerian currency Naira on Monday, May 14, depreciated against the United States dollar at the parallel market in Lagos.
The local currency lost 1.1 points to exchange at N362.3, weaker than N361.2 posted on Friday, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N497 and N429, respectively.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC) window, the naira was sold at N362 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N497 and N429, respectively.
Trading at the investors’ window saw the naira close at N361.57, while it was sold at N305.8, CBN rate.
Currency traders express confidence that the naira would witness better times as the currency- swap deal between Nigeria and China gets underway.
Meanwhile, experts are worried that political spending in the months ahead might affect the stability of the naira.
It is understood that the aggressive liquidity mop up operations conducted by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) last week is expected to persist this week as inflow of N330 billion boost interbank money market liquidity.
In a bid to tackle excess liquidity in the interbank money market, worsened last week by inflow of N290 billion, the apex bank mopped up N454 billion from the market by selling secondary market (Open Market Operations, OMO) treasury bills.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Super Eagles beat Tunisia 1-0 to win 3rd-place game of AFCON 2019
- ‘Game of Thrones’, lead Emmy Awards nominations
- Chukwueze, De Ligt, Hudson-Odoi make shortlist for 2019 Golden Boy Award
- BBNaija 2019: Tacha Blasts Frodd For Wanting To Share Bathroom With Her
- Watch The Official Trailer for Padita Agu’s “My Name is Not Olosho”
- Gabrielle Union-Wade & Daughter look Too Cute in Coordinating African Inspired Outfits
- Trippier swaps Tottenham for Atletico in reported €22m transfer
- Sterling hits brace as Man City hammer West Ham in China
- Pogba shines as United thrash Leeds
- Bobby Jay Presents BOLIC 2019 | See Moments From Previous Edition
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News8 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport6 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community9 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!