Nigerian currency Naira on Monday, May 14, depreciated against the United States dollar at the parallel market in Lagos.
The local currency lost 1.1 points to exchange at N362.3, weaker than N361.2 posted on Friday, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N497 and N429, respectively.
At the Bureau De Change (BDC) window, the naira was sold at N362 to the dollar, while the Pound Sterling and the Euro closed at N497 and N429, respectively.
Trading at the investors’ window saw the naira close at N361.57, while it was sold at N305.8, CBN rate.
Currency traders express confidence that the naira would witness better times as the currency- swap deal between Nigeria and China gets underway.
Meanwhile, experts are worried that political spending in the months ahead might affect the stability of the naira.
It is understood that the aggressive liquidity mop up operations conducted by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) last week is expected to persist this week as inflow of N330 billion boost interbank money market liquidity.
In a bid to tackle excess liquidity in the interbank money market, worsened last week by inflow of N290 billion, the apex bank mopped up N454 billion from the market by selling secondary market (Open Market Operations, OMO) treasury bills.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg: Silva, Ronaldo and Guedes on target in comfortable outing
- Iceland 0-1 France: Giroud makes Iceland pay the penalty
- Czech Republic 2-1 England: Comeback win denies Three Lions Euro 2020 qualification
- New Muisic: i-Cent – Big Man
- Injured Lloris out of action for club, country till next year
- Drama, controversy as Falcons fail to qualify for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Rihanna is Releasing an Autobiography – “The Rihanna Book”
- New Video: Eri Ife – Dear Future Wife
- Barcelona 4-0 Sevilla: Suarez, Dembele and Messi shine without Griezmann
- Manchester City 0-2 Wolves: Traore double stuns insipid champions
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News10 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport9 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community12 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!