This fashion project was inspired by my beloved Country Nigeria. I decided to come up with a project that will speak about how blessed Nigeria is. This was my way of celebrating Nigeria’s Independence Day. To remind Nigerians how truly blessed we are as a Nation.
The outfits were made out of green and white Leaves. The first green dress was made from the leaves of a pear tree and the second green dress from the leaves of a mango tree. However for the white dress, I had to make the leaves from A4 paper. The reason I used leaves is because of my passion for Art. I love art just as much as I love fashion. This is why my works are a combination of both art and fashion. Working with the weirdest materials is a gift God has blessed me with and I intend to use this gift to the fullest.
The theme colors were meant to replicate the Nigeria Flag “green, white, green”. Our Land is rich, that’s what the green signifies. Rich in so many untapped talent. If only we look inward and tap into this wealth of talent our country has to offer.
The White stands for Purity, Peace, Unity. We are One. As a Nation, we are the only ones that can make our country what we really want it to be. Nigeria can be a country known worldwide for peace. We only have to want it that bad and work towards it.
Let us pave the way for our future generation. Let us make our land good for them to live in. Nigeria is truly blessed. Let us be proud to be Nigerians. My name is Selemon Susan Funke and I am proud to be a Nigerian.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY NIGERIA
Check Photos Below:-
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- This Government Can’t Protect The Lives of its Citizens But Spends All its Energy Attempting To Suppress Peaceful Protesters – Moghalu
- Garba Shehu Reveals Why He blamed slain Borno farmers for not getting military clearance
- Boko Haram not defeated, Nigeria Is at mercy of terrorists – Lai Mohammed
- Rotimi premieres Visuals for “Love Somebody” Starring Vanessa Mdee
- Rockboi Releases New Promo Pictures Ahead Of His New Single
- PSG without Icardi and Sarabia for Man Utd clash
- Lewandowski and Neuer to miss Bayern Munich’s trip to Atletico Madrid
- President Buhari Gives Military Matching Order Against Insurgency
- Seven Persons Killed In Fresh Kaduna Communities Attack
- Arsenal 1-2 Wolves: Nuno’s men deepen Gunners’ misery amid Jimenez concerns
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 weeks ago
Bank documents expose how Tinubu’s Alpha-Beta moved billions
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World