Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has on Tuesday suspended the operations of AZMAN Air over safety concerns.
The regulatory authority in a statement signed by its Director General, Captain Musa Nuhu said that following series of incidents involving the airline’s Boeing 737 aircraft, it had to shut down the operations of the local carrier.
The suspension came on the heels of the recent incident involving an Azman aircraft that had a burst tyre on landing at the Lagos airport on February 16, 2021.
Nuhu stated that NCAA acted in pursuant to Section 35 (2) of the Civil Aviation Act, 2006 and Part 184.108.40.206 (A) of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations (Nig.CARs) 2015.
He explained that the suspension is to enable the Authority conduct an audit of the airline to determine the root cause of the incidents, and recommend corrective actions to forestall recurrence.
The DG said;
We regrets the inconvenience this action may cause to the public, particularly to Azman air passengers but the need to ensure the safety of Air Transport and protect the public interest, cannot be compromised
We will continue to ensure compliance to its regulations in the interest of safety and will viewed any violations seriously.
Speaking on the suspension, the airline announced to its customers via its Twitter handle, saying;
Due to our strong stance on safety, Azman Air will be undergoing an Audit of its safety processes as supervised by the regulators. In this regards, all our operations is hereby suspended. We are on our toes to restore operations within a short period.
Due to our Strong Stance on Safety, @AzmanAir will be undergoing an Audit of its Safety Processes as supervised by the Regulators
IN THIS REGARDS, ALL OUR OPERATIONS IS HEREBY SUSPENDED
We are on our toes to restore operations within a short period
Kindly accept our apologies pic.twitter.com/9N69CBKIWd
— AzmanAir – #LetsFlyAzmanAir (@AzmanAir) March 16, 2021
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes