Netflix has released images from the anticipated new season of Lupin, the next instalment in the smash-hit series that returns with the second batch of five episodes this summer.
The second season of the series was confirmed in January with reports that it will follow the adventures of the enigmatic gentleman thief, Assane Diop played by Omar Sy as he continues on his mission to avenge the death of his father.
Diop is the only son of an immigrant from Senegal who had come to France to seek a better life for his child.
His father is framed for theft by his rich employer Hubert Pellegrini the show’s antagonist, and hangs himself in jail, leaving teenage Diop to fend for himself.
25 years later, Diop inspired by a book about a gentleman thief Arsène Lupin, given to him by his father on his 16th birthday, sets out to get revenge on Pellegrini family.
He then employs his exceptional conman skills of thievery, subterfuge, and disguise to expose Pellegrini’s crimes.
Part 2 picks up right from where its predecessor left off, as Diop continues his desire to exact revenge on Hervé Pierre’s business tycoon Hubert Pellegrini, but the events of Part 1 have put both the gentleman thief and those closest to him in more danger than ever.
The new season will also star Ludivine Sagnier, Antoine Gouy, Shirine Boutella, Soufiane Guerrab, Hervé Pierre, Nicole Garcia and Clotilde Hesme.
According to Netflix’s data, Part 1 is the most successful French-language original in the platform’s history after being viewed by a reported 70 million households in the first four weeks after being added to the library in January, which would also make it the streamer’s third most-watched episodic project ever behind only the first seasons of Bridgerton and The Witcher.
The second part will be composed of 5 episodes. Formed in France in 1895, Gaumont is the oldest film company in the world, with offices in Paris, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, and Buenos Aires.
Gaumont co-produces and distributes around ten films a year in theaters, and the film library encompasses over 1400 titles from prestigious directors such as Louis Malle, Jean-Luc Godard, and more recently, Toledano and Nakache for The Intouchables, the highest-grossing French-language movie ever with over $450 million in revenue to date.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Black Wall Street Begins Automatic Withdrawal Of Dividends Acquired Through Investment Points Gained From Regular Product Purchase On Redirect Mall.
- Nigerian music sensation “Danlil” releases his first NFT project
- New Video: Tiwa Savage – Somebody’s Son ft Brandy
- Soyinka, Other Scholars to Headline JP Clark’s First Memorial Literal Feast At UNILAG
- The new DC Superman comes out as bisexual
- #EndSARS: Lagos Police Warn Against Planned One-Year Anniversary Protest
- Bandits Beg For Food in Kaduna after Measures Drive them Hungry
- Muhammadu Buhari has provided a fresh impetus for the take-off of the community policing initiative in Nigeria.
- North Macedonia 0-4 Germany: Werner brace helps secure World Cup spot
- Netherlands 6-0 Gibraltar: Depay at the double as Oranje cruise to big win
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye