Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, has on Wednesday announced that the new national carrier is expected to commence operation by the first quarter of 2022.
Sirika disclosed this while addressing State House correspondents after Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.
He explained that the new national carrier is long overdue and the private sector-run airline will be in operation by early 2022, with possibly cheaper rates.
The Minster added that the new national carrier is expected to be a viable airline and is potentially poised to cater to millions of travelers in Nigeria and Africa.
According to Sirika, the forced postponement of the planned date for the establishment of the National Carrier (which was initially planned for the end of 2021) was due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He disclosed that the Ministry would return to the council in two weeks to submit a memo with an outline business case for council’s approval.
It would be recalled that Federal Government in September 2018 suspended proposed new National Carrier, Nigeria Air.
The Minister of Aviation made the announcement in a Tweet on his official Twitter handle but gave no reason for the decision.
Later in 2019, Sirika reiterated that the establishment of National Carrier, Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facilities and implementation of other components of Aviation Roadmap remain top priorities of the Federal Government.
According to him, the establishment of the national carrier would further position Nigeria to compete with other nations, in line with Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM) project and develop as a regional hub for air transportation.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- NEFT, Russian Vodka Brand, Expands Business Operations In Africa; Launches Its ‘Neft Beyond Vodka’ In Nigeria, Africa
- INEC temporarily suspends PVC registration nationwide
- Rema’s Song Features On FIFA 22
- Lyta Finally Reunites with Baby Mama and Son
- New Video: Yemi Alade – Sweety
- Tito Da.Fire appreciates fans with Kokoro Challenge
- Get Ready for a New Dawn at the Olojo Festival 2021
- Barcelona 1-1 Granada: Araujo rescues blundering Blaugrana
- BBNaija: Whitemoney, Pere and four others up for eviction as Emmanuel emerges ultimate veto power holder
- Dollar hits N575 two days after Aboki FX update suspension
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects