The woman who has accused Brazilian football star Neymar of raping her in a Paris hotel has been dropped by a third lawyer — the latest twist in a scandal that has gripped the country.
Danilo Garcia de Andrade told broadcaster SBT late Monday he was no longer representing Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza after she questioned his competence.
Trindade alleges Neymar sexually assaulted her in the French capital last month, a charge he denies.
Garcia took on Trindade’s lawsuit against Neymar last week, but days later, he reportedly said he was considering withdrawing from the case unless the model provided more evidence of wrongdoing.
The lawyer wanted to see the content of a seven-minute video filmed during the model’s second meeting with the Paris Saint-Germain star.
Trindade maintains the recording — a few seconds of which have been leaked on social media — includes conclusive evidence that she was assaulted.
The images were filmed on a tablet device which has been stolen, according to Trindade, but the owners of the building where she lives have denied claims of a forced break-in.
Trindade’s original lawyers walked away from her case because she had initially filed a complaint of physical abuse and not rape. A second lawyer abandoned the case after briefly helping Trindade.
She gave evidence to Sao Paulo police last Friday and, after six hours of testimony, Garcia carried her out of the station.
“She says that according to the tablet’s tracker, it would be in the same street as my office,” Garcia told SBT.
“She was very emphatic and a client should not question the competence of a lawyer, much less one that leaves a police station carrying their client in their arms.”
Trindade’s dramatic appearance came a day after Neymar went to a Rio de Janeiro police station — sitting in a wheelchair after injuring his ankle in last Wednesday’s pre-Copa America friendly against Qatar.
He gave a statement in an investigation into his publication of intimate WhatsApp messages and photos of Trindade on social media without her consent.
Neymar told police that an assistant and a technician were responsible for sharing the messages and photos, TV Globo reported.
The star striker’s injury has sidelined him from the Copa America, which begins Friday.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Nigerian troops lose N15 million to Boko Haram in ambush
- Dino Melaye rejects Kogi PDP appointment
- Airline suspends evacuation of Nigerians over South Africa’s restrictions
- Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son Hamza
- US And Brazil Agree To Amazon Development
- ‘Hit Them, Shoot Them, But Don’t Kill Them’ – Philippines President, Rodrigo Duterte Urges People To Attack Corrupt Officials
- BBNaija 2019: Emmanuel Emenike Got Married While We Were Still Dating – Mercy Reveals
- ‘We’re Special, The World Needs To Deal With It’– Rihanna Tells Black Women
- Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 Strasbourg: Neymar booed but scores stunning winner on Ligue 1 return
- Real Madrid 3-2 Levante: Hazard makes debut as Benzema double secures nervy win
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News9 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport8 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community11 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!