President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick has confirmed the receipt of $1 million as COVID-19 palliatives from world football governing body, FIFA.
According to Pinnick, the fund is composed of $500,000 for “men’s football and $500,000 for the women’s game,” while also revealing FIFA will send in another “$500,000 in January 2021” as part of the palliatives.
He also revealed that FIFA sent $600,000 for the FIFA Forward 2.0 projects in Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State and Ugborodo in Delta State while stating that the body will be expecting $300,000 from the Confederation of African Football (CAF) before November 1st, 2020.
According to Pinnick, the NFF will work with an auditing firm to ensure the disbursements follow the best global practices.
“Huge appreciation to football’s world governing body, @FIFAcom, for the $1 million (one million dollars) the Federation has received in the frame of COVID-19 palliatives,” Pinnick began in a series of tweets on his handle on Wednesday, October 28..
“The money was received by the @thenff and we re-confirmed the purpose from FIFA two days ago.”
“At $300,000 each, it will enable the mini-stadia in both centers to start at a very good pace, as we earmark completion by the end of March 2021,” the Federation leader added.
“With the $200,000 we have already ring-fenced from our sponsors’ funds for the purpose, the coast will then be clear for us to start the disbursement of funds to the beneficiaries, as captured in our approved template, from next week.”
“Beneficiaries MUST ensure 100% compliance to guidelines by ensuring that all funds are paid into designated accounts,” the Delta-born Pinnick stated.
“I would also like to thank all beneficiaries for their patience and understanding at these trying times. Finally, I would like to wish @FIFAcom President, Gianni Infantino God’s speed as he recovers.”
See the tweets below:
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch The First Episode of Mr Eazi & Temi Otedola’s “How Far”
- Nigeria’s Economy To Grow By 2 Percent In 2021 – CBN
- Boko Haram Beheads 43 Persons In Fresh Attack In Borno State
- Real Madrid 1-2 Deportivo Alaves: Hazard blow as ramshackle champions come unstuck
- Paris Saint-Germain 2-2 Bordeaux: Champions pegged back again as old boys combine
- Valencia 0-1 Atletico Madrid: Lato own goal takes Simeone’s side joint-top
- Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: VAR rescues Seagulls as Reds pay penalty
- Manchester City 5-0 Burnley: Mahrez hits hat-trick in latest Clarets thrashing
- Messi, Busquets and De Jong return to Barca squad
- No Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike – ASUU
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 weeks ago
Bank documents expose how Tinubu’s Alpha-Beta moved billions
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World