Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) says the country recorded 240 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday — the lowest single-day since the beginning of the second wave of the pandemic last December.
On December 14, the lowest single-day toll was 199 coronavirus cases.
NCDC in its latest announcement released on February 28, 2021 via its Twitter handle shows that the fresh cases were detected 12 states and the federal capital territory (FCT).
In the new data, Anambra recorded 85 fresh infections to top the list, while Lagos, the epicentre of the infection in Nigeria, recorded 82 cases. Osun had 17 new cases while Ogun had 10.
240 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;
1,907 deaths pic.twitter.com/sh5qmzD69V
— NCDC (@NCDCgov) February 28, 2021
Two fatalities were recorded, bringing the total casualty figure to 1,907.
Also, 512 persons recovered from the infection, and Lagos accounted for 170 community recoveries. The total recoveries is now, 133,768.
Since the increase in infections officially declared the second wave of the pandemic last December, Nigeria had averaged over 1,000 cases daily.
However, in the past one week, daily cases have fallen below 700 suggesting the country had gone past the worst phase of the viral infection.
So far, 155,657 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the country.
Meanwhile, health experts believe the official data of infections and deaths are underreported because of the country’s limited testing capacity.
Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, has so far conducted test figures less than one per cent (1,489,103) of the country’s 200 million population.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Zinny in “Freaky At Night” Visuals
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Nigeria Records 8,439 Side Effects, Says NPHCDA
- COVID-19: Nigeria Records 67 New Cases, No Death In Four Days
- Omawumi is giving her fans some “Bullshit”
- PSG wait for ‘happier’ Neymar to sign contract extension
- Ahmed Musa promise to lead Kano Pillars to win NPFL title
- Waje Releases “Heart Season” EP
- Villarreal 2-1 Dinamo Zagreb (3-1 agg): Emery to face Arsenal as Moreno helps secure semi-final spot
- Slavia Prague 0-4 Arsenal (1-5 agg): Gunners set up Emery reunion after first-half blitz
- Manchester United 2-0 Granada (4-0 agg): Cavani landmark strike as semi-final awaits
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes