Nigerian Army (NA) has dismissed the report of alleged release and handover of over 1009 ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno State government.
Brig. Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, Director, Army Public Relations, in a statement on Thursday, described the publication as false.
Nwachukwu said the report also alleged that the event was shrouded in secrecy, stressing that the report was obviously one of those attempts to dampen troops’ morale and denigrate the Nigerian Army, based on unsubstantiated reports and misinformation.
According to him, while NA will not want to join issues with the masterminds of the false narrative, it is important to set the records straight.
It is an indisputable fact that the ongoing Counter Terrorism Counter Insurgency Operations (CTCOIN) in the North East has led to the arrest of several terrorism/insurgency suspects.
These suspects have been held in custody while undergoing profiling and further investigations by experts from the Joint Investigation Centre (JIC) and those who are found culpable are usually handed over to prosecuting agencies accordingly.
Those who are not implicated in terrorism and insurgency are cleared and released to the state government for rehabilitation before they are reintegrated into the society.
These cleared suspects are therefore not ex Boko Haram fighters, as peddled in the said online report and as the masterminds would want to impress on the public.
A total of 1009 cleared suspects, not ex-fighters, were therefore released after this rigorous process on Wednesday, July 14.
The spokesman noted that the handing over of the cleared suspects was not shrouded in secrecy as it was witnessed by United Nations Humanitarian and government agencies in tandem with global best practice.
The NA, therefore, urges the general public to discountenance this misinformation, as it is evidently a manipulation and distortion of the truth and reality of the event.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- R. Kelly Found Guilty of All Counts in Sex Trafficking & Racketeering Trial
- Pochettino urges patience with Messi ahead of potential return against Man City
- Juventus pair Dybala and Morata to return after international break
- Sheikh Gumi May Be A Spy For Bandit Terrorists – OPC
- Afrobasket 2021: Nigeria Beats Mali To Clinch Title For Straight Third Time
- AfroBasket 2021: Cameroon clinch Third-Place finish after win over Senegal
- Samir Nasri Retires From Football
- Saga, Queen And Nini Have Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House
- Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham: Gunners claim easy derby win over sorry Spurs
- Juventus 3-2 Sampdoria: Dybala injury overshadows Bianconeri win
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects