Nigerian Army (NA) has dismissed the report of alleged release and handover of over 1009 ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno State government.
Brig. Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, Director, Army Public Relations, in a statement on Thursday, described the publication as false.
Nwachukwu said the report also alleged that the event was shrouded in secrecy, stressing that the report was obviously one of those attempts to dampen troops’ morale and denigrate the Nigerian Army, based on unsubstantiated reports and misinformation.
According to him, while NA will not want to join issues with the masterminds of the false narrative, it is important to set the records straight.
It is an indisputable fact that the ongoing Counter Terrorism Counter Insurgency Operations (CTCOIN) in the North East has led to the arrest of several terrorism/insurgency suspects.
These suspects have been held in custody while undergoing profiling and further investigations by experts from the Joint Investigation Centre (JIC) and those who are found culpable are usually handed over to prosecuting agencies accordingly.
Those who are not implicated in terrorism and insurgency are cleared and released to the state government for rehabilitation before they are reintegrated into the society.
These cleared suspects are therefore not ex Boko Haram fighters, as peddled in the said online report and as the masterminds would want to impress on the public.
A total of 1009 cleared suspects, not ex-fighters, were therefore released after this rigorous process on Wednesday, July 14.
The spokesman noted that the handing over of the cleared suspects was not shrouded in secrecy as it was witnessed by United Nations Humanitarian and government agencies in tandem with global best practice.
The NA, therefore, urges the general public to discountenance this misinformation, as it is evidently a manipulation and distortion of the truth and reality of the event.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- OB70 Heads For A New Horizion as They Debut New Capsule
- Black Wall Street Begins Automatic Withdrawal Of Dividends Acquired Through Investment Points Gained From Regular Product Purchase On Redirect Mall.
- Nigerian music sensation “Danlil” releases his first NFT project
- New Video: Tiwa Savage – Somebody’s Son ft Brandy
- Soyinka, Other Scholars to Headline JP Clark’s First Memorial Literal Feast At UNILAG
- The new DC Superman comes out as bisexual
- #EndSARS: Lagos Police Warn Against Planned One-Year Anniversary Protest
- Bandits Beg For Food in Kaduna after Measures Drive them Hungry
- Muhammadu Buhari has provided a fresh impetus for the take-off of the community policing initiative in Nigeria.
- North Macedonia 0-4 Germany: Werner brace helps secure World Cup spot
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye