Ogun State Government is collaborating with the Federal Government to turn Fela Anikulapo’s family house in Abeokuta into a museum.
This was revealed by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed on Wednesday when he visited the ancestral home with the state Governor Amosun.
He said, “It is laudable in the sense that this is one of the most positive steps to actually put our rhetorics into action.
“We have always said that one of the important assets we have is our cultural heritage, our history and this project, which is going to immortalise the Ransome-Kuti family, is laudable and admirable.
“The family, as you know, represent different things to different people, whether you talk about education, emancipation, music or entertainment.
“Therefore, this attempt by the government at immortalising the family by preserving and restoring the ancestral home is very commendable.
“This is the period we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the death of the maestro himself and I am sure this is within time, as the museum will be inaugurated very soon, probably next year.
“The emphasis of this government, whether state or federal, is that the creative industry must be turned into creative economy and this centre is going to be a good model to encourage and inspire the youth.”
Governor Amosun described the Kuti family as one of the illustrious families that conquered the world and promised to deliver the project soon.
He said, “All our icons have a special place in our administration. These are the people who define us, when we go out there and say we are from Ogun State. We can’t call ourselves who we say we are without those giants who lived before us. They laid the foundation that we are all building upon.
“And, clearly, the Kuti family is one of those illustrious families that conquered the world, not only Ogun Sate or Abeokuta or Nigeria. Indeed, at times when I am away in the US and I take a cab, the music I hear is that of great Fela himself.
“Fela was far ahead of his time. For us, it will be in our interest to let people know his origin, his root.”
The house is located on NEPA Road, Isabo, Abeokuta.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Bill Clinton charges Nigerian govt to dialogue with #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian govt owes road contractors N392bn —Fashola
- Skales Lends his Voice to the #EndSARS Protest with New single Titled “Tell Us”
- Nigeria is murdering its citizens – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Zidane calls for calm after Real Madrid stunned by Shakhtar Donetsk
- UK Announces Closure Of Visa Application Centres In Nigeria
- Real Madrid 2-3 Shakhtar Donetsk: Visitors survive ‘nightmare’ to stun LaLiga champions
- United Nations Calls For End To Attack On Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria
- I am embarrassed to have ever supported this bunch of senseless leaders – Gov. Ganduje’s Daughter
- We’re compiling evidences to ensure trial of COAS Tukur Buratai before the International Criminal Court – Femi Falana
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World