The National Bureau of Statistics says the Consumer Price Index which measured inflation decreased to 11.31 per cent (year-on-year) in February from 11.37 per cent recorded in January.
The NBS made this known in its “CPI and Inflation Report’’ for February released in Abuja on Friday on its website.
The bureau said the figure was 0.06 per cent points lower than the 11.37 recorded in January in the period under review.
According to NAN, NBS said the increases were recorded in all Classification of Individual Consumption by Purpose divisions that yielded the Headline index.
On a month-on-month basis, it said the headline index decreased to 0.73 per cent in the period under review by 0.01 per cent points from 0.74 per cent recorded in January.
It said the percentage change in the average composite CPI for the 12 months period ended December over the average of CPI for the previous 12 months period.
It, however, measured the CPI at 11.56 per cent in the period under review, indicating a 0.24 per cent decline from 11.80 per cent recorded in January.
The bureau said the urban inflation rate decreased to 11.59 per cent (year-on-year) from 11.66 per cent recorded in January of the same year.
It said the rural inflation rate also decreased to 11.05 per cent in February from 11.11 per cent recorded in January.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- New Music: Emmani – Die For Love feat. Carter Trillz
- #BBNaija: Frodd And Sir Dee Pull A Birthday Prank On Esther
- Nigerians To Pay More As NERC Approves New Electricity Tariff
- Miyetti Allah Ordered Police to arrest Erring Herdsmen
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Tops Forbes List of Highest-Paid Actors in 2019
- Pogba, Sanchez and I were Scapegoats at United – Romelu Lukaku
- Oxlade-Chamberlain signs new Liverpool deal
- Real Madrid loan Japan’s Kubo to Mallorca
- Toyin Abraham Unveils Her Baby’s Name
- ‘Paris Hilton Gave Me A Career’ – Kim Kardashian
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News9 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport8 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community10 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!