World Athletics has reportedly disqualified Nigeria’s women’s 4x400m team from 2020 Tokyo Olympics following some technical errors in the race where they secured qualification.
Nigerian quartet – Nse Imaobong, Favour Ofili, Knowledge Omovoh, and Patience Okon-George – ran a season’s best 3:26.83 at Lagos Open Athletics Championships on June 24 which was held at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.
The win ensured they climbed to 13th on the WA Top List from the 18th position they initially occupied.
However, according to TheCable, WA sighted technical errors in the race and consequently determined that the result won’t count.
It is reported that result of the race was not ratified by WA, who didn’t reflect the qualification results on the Road to Tokyo tool used to determine qualified athletes on their website, when the final list was published on Thursday.
‘Road to Tokyo‘ is an online tool to help athletes, media and fans track the qualification process for next year’s Olympic Games.
Confirming the development to the publication, Dare Esan, a media representative of Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), said the technical errors that led to the rejection of the result was the absence of any form of demarcations between the track and field while the race was ongoing.
The technical error is an issue of demarcations usually placed around the stadium by the inside lane. This will let the athletes know the boundaries and enable monitoring. Unfortunately, this wasn’t done by the organisers of the race.
Esan also stated that the competition wasn’t organised by AFN but the Lagos state Athletics Association, an affiliate of the federation.
The AFN did not organise the race. And the AFN doesn’t need to supervise a competition, especially if an affiliate body hosts it. It’s like AFN holding a competition and expecting World Athletic to come and supervise; no, they trust us to do the right thing.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Tems In “Crazy Tings” Visuals
- Jayson debuts New single “Banger”
- Barcelona 1-0 Dynamo Kiev: Pique gets Koeman’s side off the mark in Champions League
- Spartak Moscow 3-4 Leicester City: Deadly Daka hits four as Foxes win classic
- ‘What is the hope for Nigeria?’ – Media Consultant, Chukwuyem Eledan speaks on Police Brutality in Nigeria
- Amnesty International Reveals Buhari regime is protecting officers who tortured, murdered #EndSARS protesters
- Club Brugge 1-5 Manchester City: Palmer nets as slick visitors win big
- #EndSARS: Lagos Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, Awards N148.2m To 23 Victims Of Police Brutality
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 RB Leipzig: Messi scores twice to complete comeback
- Atletico Madrid 2-3 Liverpool: History-making Salah seals dramatic win after Griezmann red
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes