Nike lost Jayme Martin and Trevor Edwards, two prestigious executives within the company, last week. They were forced out of the company due to internal surveys that reported misconduct around the workplace. After severing ties with the two executives, Nike had one more piece of unpleasant news to release. The popular sneaker and apparel company reported its 2018 Q3 earnings on Thursday, which reveals a net loss of $921 million. It is the first time Nike has reported a loss since May 1998, just about twenty years ago.
According to Sole Collector, Nike claims that the large net loss was “driven by the enactment of the Tax Act.” Trump’s tax act, which rewards companies that do business in the US and not overseas, hit Nike with a one-time payment of $2 billion on all foreign earnings.
Without the heavy tax fine, Nike would have made a large amount of profit in Q3. The company reports that Nike Inc. revenue increased seven percent to $9 billion. That includes $8.5 billion from the Nike brand and $483 million from Converse. The increase was bolstered by success in Greater China, Europe, the Asian Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Real Madrid 2-0 Espanyol: Zidane’s men march on despite Mendy dismissal
- Borussia Monchengladbach 2-1 Bayern Munich: Bensebaini brace sees Flick’s men lose again
- Everton 3-1 Chelsea: Calvert-Lewin at the double as Ferguson makes instant impact
- Man Utd bigger than neighbours City – Solskjaer
- Liverpool matches moved as FIFA changes Club World Cup final venue
- “There Will Be Consequences In Our Relationship With Nigeria” – US Government Comments on Sowore’s Arrest
- Quagliarella signs new Sampdoria deal
- Mr 2Kay Releases “Concentrate” EP | Listen
- Cool FM hosts Cardi B in first ever live radio interview in Nigeria
- New Video: Butch of JMG – Okpe
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!