Presidency has on Wednesday debunked claims of an alleged crack in the relation between President Muhammadu Buhari and national leader of All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, stated this in a statement titled “Alleged rift between President Buhari and Tinubu; handiwork of cynics.”
Shehu attributed reports of a rift between the two leaders to those he described as media mischief-makers.
The statement reads;
The Presidency wishes to make it clear that there is no rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and his strong ally, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The President and the Asiwaju have a very strong commitment to the All Progressives Congress, towards bringing change and this is a commitment they have made to the Nigerian people.
Recent reports of a rift between the two leaders of our party are false; the handiwork of some media mischief-makers.
It is quite unfortunate that certain sections of the media feed on birthing controversies, providing a nexus for naysayers who work behind the scenes planting such stories which are absolutely false.
This administration is aware of pessimists and cynics who wilfully spread misinformation to create doubts in the minds of the people about the relationship between its leaders and whether the party will remain intact or not.
The statement continues;
There is no doubt that the President and the party are focused on development, peace and security, restructuring of the economy and war against corruption in the country and will not be diverted to anything else. This desperate attempt to fool the people will not succeed.
Shehu added that the President, Tinubu remained one of the most respected political leaders in the country who has stuck to his principles in the face of all adversities.
He noted that the former Lagos State Governor was instrumental to the formation, growth and development of APC into a formidable political party and the political alliance is waxing even stronger.
“If Asiwaju is not a frequent face in the Aso Rock Villa, it is on account of the fact that he is not a cabinet member of this government.
“The fact that he is not every day around the Villa does not make him less of a friend to the President and this administration,” he added.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes