According To MediaTake Out, Cardi may have to pay her husband $50M to Offset in a divorce. Cardi B does NOT have a prenuptial agreement with Offset, and the Migos rapper stands to make $50M in a divorce with Cardi B,
New York law is clear that any asset that is acquired or developed during a marriage is owned 50-50 by each spouse. And Cardi B’s entire brand was developed DURING her marriage to Offset.
So it’s not that Cardi B has $100M now to split with her husband, but her brand (with all her possible endorsement deals, etc) could be worth $100M over time. And unfortunately for Cardi – her entire brand is 50% owned by Offset under NY law.
NY law has even worse news for Cardi B. – she doesn’t own 50% of Offset’s brand. Offset’s brand was developed before the marriage, and so his brand is not considered marital property under NY law.
So what exactly does this mean. Since Cardi B developed into an international music brand during her marriage – Offset is entitled to half of the money that the “Cardi B” brand makes . . . FOREVER. That’s the way that NY law works.
According to a Forbes magazine estimate, Cardi’s brand could be worth as high as $100M over time.
According to People Magazine:
While the split comes as quite a shock to fans, many are convinced it’s a joke as Cardi is known for pulling pranks on social media.
“Naaaa this is a stunt because how u say s— haven’t been working out for a long time? Y’all was just posted up lovey dovey! I know u Cardi…. u don’t do fake love! I call bulls—,” one fan wrote in the comment section of Cardi’s video.
Her announcement comes just a few days after Cardi shared photos of herself and Offset kissing at a recent Lakers game.
Cardi also posted a video of the Migos raper goofing around captioning it, “Fine ass I’ll suck ya d— right thruu this phone… hubby album coming 12-14.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World