Kemisola Ogunniyi, #EndSARS protester who was delivered of a baby in prison, has been granted N10 million bail by Ondo high court has granted bail on Tuesday, June 22.
The 18-year-old lady was arrested by soldiers in Akure, Ondo State capital, alongside three others after the violence that erupted in the wake of the October 2020 #EndSARS protests.
She and the other suspects were accused of being part of those who razed the state secretariat of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akure during the protest.
They were charged with conspiracy to commit arson, riotous assembly, stealing, and malicious damage and were remanded in Surulere prison in Ondo west LGA of the state.
The other suspects are Ojo Samuel, Ayodele Bukunmi, and Ani Obinna.
The 18-year-old lady, who was two months pregnant at the time of her arrest, has been in custody since October 2020, gave birth to a baby boy last Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
On Tuesday, an Ondo High Court granted bail to Ogunniyi who had been detained at Surulere Prison in Ondo East Local Government Area of the state.
In his ruling, Justice Omolara Adejumo granted her a N10 million bail and a surety in like sum.
The judge, however, ordered the prison authorities to allow her go home for her child’s naming.
She held that the suspect can return to prison to fulfill her bail condition after the naming ceremony, which will hold on Wednesday.
In her bail application, Tope Tomekun, Ogunniyi’s lawyer in a letter to Oluwatoyin Akeredolu, Ondo chief judge, said the young lady was innocent of the crime preferred against her.
Tomekun said the teenager was on her way to Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) to collect money for her mother’s treatment when she was apprehended by Nigerian Army at random and handed over to the police for investigation.
She was later alleged to be part of those who set the APC Secretariat, Akure, on fire during the EndSARS protest that took place in October 2020.
I write to you sir, first as a lawyer and in furtherance of my conviction as a believer in humanitarian cause of justice, to appeal to you sir, that for the sake of the sinless newborn baby and in the interest of justice, to give directive that this matter be given an urgent hearing.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Tems In “Crazy Tings” Visuals
- Jayson debuts New single “Banger”
- Barcelona 1-0 Dynamo Kiev: Pique gets Koeman’s side off the mark in Champions League
- Spartak Moscow 3-4 Leicester City: Deadly Daka hits four as Foxes win classic
- ‘What is the hope for Nigeria?’ – Media Consultant, Chukwuyem Eledan speaks on Police Brutality in Nigeria
- Amnesty International Reveals Buhari regime is protecting officers who tortured, murdered #EndSARS protesters
- Club Brugge 1-5 Manchester City: Palmer nets as slick visitors win big
- #EndSARS: Lagos Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, Awards N148.2m To 23 Victims Of Police Brutality
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 RB Leipzig: Messi scores twice to complete comeback
- Atletico Madrid 2-3 Liverpool: History-making Salah seals dramatic win after Griezmann red
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes