Nigeria has recorded 920 new infections of COVID-19, with six deaths in 24 hours, according to data published on the website of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Saturday.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic last February, over 874,617 samples have been tested by the NCDC, out of which 77,933 turned out positive.
Figures from the public health agency in the last one week shows an upward trend in the number of positive cases, suggesting a second wave of the disease might be ensuing.
While six additional deaths were reported in the past 24 hours, the NCDC also disclosed that 300 patients had been discharged after testing negative to the virus.
It said that the new infections were reported from 17 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in the past 24 hours.
The agency said that Lagos State reported 308 out of the 920 new cases. FCT 207, Kaduna 179, Plateau 46, Niger 43, Adamawa 26, Sokoto 18, and Rivers 16.
Other states are Yobe 15, Enugu and Kano 13 each, Ogun 12, Delta 10, Edo 5; Osun and Oyo 3 each, Anambra 2 and Ekiti 1.
The NCDC said that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre activated at Level 3 had continued to coordinate national response activities.
The agency noted that till date, 77,933 cases had been confirmed, 67,784, discharged and 1,218 deaths recorded in 36 states and the FCT.
Meanwhile, the NCDC has told Nigerians to adhere to all COVID-19 public health and safety measures, including hand washing, proper use of face masks and physical distancing.
“Physical distancing is one of the most effective methods to limit the spread of COVID-19.
“Stay at home when possible and take precautions to avoid mass gathering.
“Ensure you maintain at least two metres distance between yourself and others in public,” it advised.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Omawumi is giving her fans some “Bullshit”
- PSG wait for ‘happier’ Neymar to sign contract extension
- Ahmed Musa promise to lead Kano Pillars to win NPFL title
- Waje Releases “Heart Season” EP
- Villarreal 2-1 Dinamo Zagreb (3-1 agg): Emery to face Arsenal as Moreno helps secure semi-final spot
- Slavia Prague 0-4 Arsenal (1-5 agg): Gunners set up Emery reunion after first-half blitz
- Manchester United 2-0 Granada (4-0 agg): Cavani landmark strike as semi-final awaits
- Roma 1-1 Ajax (3-2 agg): Serie A side scrape through to set up Man Utd semi
- Tiwa Savage Covers Allure Magazine’s Latest Issue
- President Buhari Returns From Medical Trip To UK
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes