Christian Dior lit up the Paris catwalk with a celebration of 1950s youth culture while designers paid tributes to this fashion week’s big absentee, late Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld.
For its Fall/Winter 2019 presentation, Maria Grazia Chiuri, artistic director of the LVMH brand went back to its origins with flared A-line skirts, poncho-style wraps cinched at the waist, leather jackets paired with whispier, polka-dotted skirts, while chequered prints in red, green and black dominated other outfits.
Chiuri told Reuters she was inspired to return to this period and explore Dior’s relationship with Britain as styles referenced the “Teddy Girls” – 50s era girl gangs while PVC rain hats, chunky boots and tartan prints added to the Edwardian feel of the collection, where she also revisited the pleated, longer skirts and see-through textures she has come to favour.
Photo Credit: Getty
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Paris Saint-Germain coach Tuchel extends deal to 2021
- Barcelona 1 Valencia 2: Valverde pressure increases as Catalans denied historic Copa win
- New Music: Pace Major – But We Still
- Alicia Keys Talks New Music, Upcoming Autobiography as She Covers Essence’s Latest Issue
- New Music: Mike & Deglorious – Jesus ft. Onos
- Young Thug, J. Cole, And Travis Scott Link Up For New Track “The London”
- Patoranking Releases New Afrobeat Infused Dancehall Album Titled “Wilmer”
- Ghana name Andre Ayew captain ahead of Africa Cup of Nations
- Nigeria’s Flying Eagles thrash Qatar 4 – 0 in U20 World Cup opener
- Leaving Real Madrid For Bayern Munich ‘Best Decision’ Of My Career – Arjen Robben
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities12 months ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos1 year ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News6 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Community7 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!
Entertainment News8 months ago
2Pac Isn’t Dead I helped Him Fake His Death – British Man