Christian Dior lit up the Paris catwalk with a celebration of 1950s youth culture while designers paid tributes to this fashion week’s big absentee, late Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld.
For its Fall/Winter 2019 presentation, Maria Grazia Chiuri, artistic director of the LVMH brand went back to its origins with flared A-line skirts, poncho-style wraps cinched at the waist, leather jackets paired with whispier, polka-dotted skirts, while chequered prints in red, green and black dominated other outfits.
Chiuri told Reuters she was inspired to return to this period and explore Dior’s relationship with Britain as styles referenced the “Teddy Girls” – 50s era girl gangs while PVC rain hats, chunky boots and tartan prints added to the Edwardian feel of the collection, where she also revisited the pleated, longer skirts and see-through textures she has come to favour.
Photo Credit: Getty
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- “There Will Be Consequences In Our Relationship With Nigeria” – US Government Comments on Sowore’s Arrest
- Quagliarella signs new Sampdoria deal
- Mr 2Kay Releases “Concentrate” EP | Listen
- Cool FM hosts Cardi B in first ever live radio interview in Nigeria
- New Video: Butch of JMG – Okpe
- New Music: Gspread – Man Like
- Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years imprisonment over N7.1bn Fraud
- New Mixtape: Dj Rash – Grenade Mixtape Vol. 2
- All The Must-See BTS Moments From Davido’s GQ South Africa Shoot
- NYSC moves to arrest film-makers, comedians who use its uniform as costume
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!