Pastor Kumuyi Advises Ushers Against Chasing Away Women Without Head Covering
Pastor Williams Kumuyi, general superintendent of Deeper Life Bible Church, on Sunday, September 18, warned ushers at his church to stop requiring women to cover their heads.
He emphasised that this causes heat in the hair and causes it to exude odour.
The esteemed pastor bemoaned the fact that many Christians are turning people away from the church because they are unable to understand how to interpret the Bible.
Kumuyi made the comments during a sermon that was posted to the Ekiti State Deeper Life Church’s Facebook page, which Church Times was watching.
Somebody is coming to our church for the first time. And she happens to be a lady not covering her head. We ask the person to cover her head before coming in. We don’t know whether the person does not even know God. We confront her out there before she even enters the church. We don’t know if she does not know how to pray or prophesy. But we impose rules on her.
If I were the person, I would wonder what kind of church is this? If they treat me like a primary school girl, that will be my last time coming to the church.
Kumuyi argued that women should cover their heads when praying or prophesying by quoting 1Cor 11:5, which focuses on the topic of head covering for the female gender.
Additionally, he questioned why some church members would cover their heads for nearly 20 hours each day, claiming that many of them had rendered themselves unappealing through their outward look.
There are some women who are not attractive to their husbands. Some believe since they are married they are no longer obligated to look good before their husband. There are single sisters that are not presentable.
The cleric noted that because of persistent covering there will be “heat in the hair and it will emit odour.”
He said many of the sisters who insist on the covering of hair might not even be praying in the church. They just believe since they are covering their head, they are okay.
If I don’t tell you maybe nobody will tell you. There are some wives who dress shabbily and are no longer attractive to the man. There are some single sisters that are not presentable. Anybody who is looking for the will of God may not be attracted to them.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Do You Think We Would Dare Attack Yahaya Bello, Knowing He Is A Violent Man? – SDP Campaign Member
- Charly Boy Reveals President Tinubu’s ‘Real Age’, Discloses Old Document
- Why I Hung Out With Barcelona Stars -Rema
- Burna Boy Has An Edge Over Davido, Wizkid & Others With Incredible Feat In London
- Davido Had His 2023 Mercedes-Maybach Worth N447 Million Delivered To Him
- Return Government Properties – Abia State Government Sends Stern Warning To Predecessors
- Reactions As Manchester City Bags Another Trophy
- Asisat Oshoala Wins Second Women’s Champions League Title With Barcelona
- Real Madrid Puts An End Eden Hazard’s Contract
- ‘I Wish That Every Place Was Safe’- Taylor Swift States Her Support For LGBTQ+ In Passionate Pride Month Speech
Entertainment News6 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News6 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant