The saga between former First lady Dame Patience Jonathan and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has taken yet another turn after the anti-graft agency discovered an uncompleted eight-storey building in a prime area of Abuja allegedly belonging to her.
Punch reports that the building, described by the EFCC as a ‘magnificent architectural edifice,’ is valued at N6bn.
It is understood that Patience acquired the building through her foundation known as Aribawa Aurera Reach Out Foundation.
Following the discovery, the EFCC said it had written to the Corporate Affairs Commission to get the identities of the directors of the foundation who are believed to be fronts for Patience, while also petitioning the Abuja Geographical Information System to get the history of the property and how and when it was bought.
This comes months after the EFCC froze an account belonging to Aribawa Aurera Reach Out Foundation with account number 1222014221 in Ecobank with a balance of N479m, stating that there was no way Patience would have been able to afford such a property as her last known job was Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State.
The document read, “Plot 1350 Cadastral Zone A00 CBD which was allocated to Ariwabai Aurera Reach Out Foundation in 2010 and Certificate of Occupancy issued in 2011. The plot bears an eight-storey building still under construction.
“Inference may be drawn from investigation that the suspect’s (Patience) last known official position was permanent secretary in Bayelsa State. Hence, there is no way such magnificent architectural edifices could have been built within a short space of time.
“There is a high probability that it could have been built with the proceeds of crime. It is evidently clear that it is a case of money laundering but there is a need to do more investigation.”
The commission has already proceeded to court to obtain an interim forfeiture order for the N2bn hotel and the N6bn plaza.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Sanwo-Olu speaks to CNN on Lekki Toll Shooting, #EndSARS Protest & Lagos Judicial Panel
- Banky W, 2Baba, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Seun Kuti call for a better Nigeria With new single ‘Talk And Do’
- Coman wants another Bayern treble – but this time with fans
- CACOVID finally reacts to looted palliatives
- “We are not a collection of angels” – Nigerian police
- Milan 3-3 Roma: Ibrahimovic on target twice but Rossoneri held in thriller
- Burnley 0-1 Tottenham: Son spares underwhelming Spurs
- NBC fines Channels TV, Arise, AIT over #EndSARS coverage
- Agbani Horsfall Advocates For ‘One Nigeria’ In New Single
- Guardiola regrets not buying striker with Aguero facing up to a month out
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World