The saga between former First lady Dame Patience Jonathan and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has taken yet another turn after the anti-graft agency discovered an uncompleted eight-storey building in a prime area of Abuja allegedly belonging to her.
Punch reports that the building, described by the EFCC as a ‘magnificent architectural edifice,’ is valued at N6bn.
It is understood that Patience acquired the building through her foundation known as Aribawa Aurera Reach Out Foundation.
Following the discovery, the EFCC said it had written to the Corporate Affairs Commission to get the identities of the directors of the foundation who are believed to be fronts for Patience, while also petitioning the Abuja Geographical Information System to get the history of the property and how and when it was bought.
This comes months after the EFCC froze an account belonging to Aribawa Aurera Reach Out Foundation with account number 1222014221 in Ecobank with a balance of N479m, stating that there was no way Patience would have been able to afford such a property as her last known job was Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State.
The document read, “Plot 1350 Cadastral Zone A00 CBD which was allocated to Ariwabai Aurera Reach Out Foundation in 2010 and Certificate of Occupancy issued in 2011. The plot bears an eight-storey building still under construction.
“Inference may be drawn from investigation that the suspect’s (Patience) last known official position was permanent secretary in Bayelsa State. Hence, there is no way such magnificent architectural edifices could have been built within a short space of time.
“There is a high probability that it could have been built with the proceeds of crime. It is evidently clear that it is a case of money laundering but there is a need to do more investigation.”
The commission has already proceeded to court to obtain an interim forfeiture order for the N2bn hotel and the N6bn plaza.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Barcelona 1-1 Granada: Araujo rescues blundering Blaugrana
- BBNaija: Whitemoney, Pere and four others up for eviction as Emmanuel emerges ultimate veto power holder
- Dollar hits N575 two days after Aboki FX update suspension
- Sanwo-Olu signs anti-open grazing bill into law
- If You Don’t Want A Northerner As President In 2023 You Can Leave Nigeria – Hakeem Baba-Ahmed
- BackRoad Gee Teams Up With Olamide On “See Level”
- Sokoto bans fuel sale above N5,000 to motorists
- “My goal is to develop models that meets global standards and transform the lives of young African girls” —Star Models CEO, Aisha Bello
- Watch Oxlade In Mani Directed Visualizer For “Pay Me”
- Brazilian footballer Hulk Announces his Niece is pregnant with His child
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects