Fashion & Beauty
Photos: Hijabi Model Shatu Garko Crowned 44th Miss Nigeria 2021
Eighteen-year-old Shatu Garko was on Friday night crowned the 2021 Miss Nigeria at a beauty pageant held amid glamour and glitz in Lagos.
The beauty Queen made history as the first Hijab-wearing model to become Miss Nigeria.
BELOW ARE ESSENTIAL THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HER
She hails from Kano State and was the youngest contestant in the competition this year.
She loves riding horses and is passionate about proving that religion and culture are not barriers to following one’s dreams and achieving whatever a person sets out to achieve.
She represented the North West region of Nigeria in the beauty contest.
The young queen beat 17 others to clinch the crown.
She succeeded Etsanyi Tukura, a native of Taraba State, winner of the 43rd miss Nigeria beauty pageant in 2019.
Garko was awarded the cash prize of N10million, a luxury apartment, a car and ambassadorship.
Recently she celebrated becoming the first hijab model to land a modelling job in Nigeria.
The call for applications commenced in October. By December 7, over a thousand applicants were filtered down to 18 semi-finalists who made it to the Miss Nigeria boot camp.
The grand finale was held in Landmark Centre, Victoria Island Lagos. The event was graced by several celebrities, fashionistas, designers and industry gurus.
The judging panel consisted of Rita Dominic, Lanre Da Silva, Aisha Abba Kyari and 2013 Miss Nigeria winner, Ezinne Akudo amongst other notable names. All 18 contestants stepped out in identical shimmering layered, tasselled dresses to start the event. Shatu paired her look with a black turtleneck shirt in modest fashion, topped with a turban.
Shatu received her crown in a Rikatobyme nude coloured dress, covered in shimmering green and turquoise embellishments with large gemstones adorning the collar. She topped the look with a matching turban and dangling gemstone earrings.
Eighteen contestants started the night, but after an impressive display of grace, beauty, talent and intelligence, Shatu was finally crowned the winner. Nicole Ikot emerged as the first runner up, and Kasarachi Okoro emerged as the second runner up.
Shatu succeeds Etsanyi Takura, the Taraba born beauty and 43rd Miss Nigeria 2019. Besides the coveted crown, Shatu was awarded the winning prize of ₦10 million, an ambassadorship deal, a luxury apartment and a car. A remarkable win for the 18-year-old.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Ex-Zambia, Morocco, Ivory Coast Coach, Herve Renard Announced As France’s Women Coach
- Veteran Comedian, Basketmouth Reveals Plan To Quit Comedy Amidst Revived Beef With AY
- Breaking: DSS Confirms Plot To Put A Halt To Tinubu’s Swearing In, Unveils Next Line Of Action
- Declan Rice England’s Star Midfielder Reacts To Odumodublvck’s Song About Him
- Priyanka Chopra Discloses That She Was In A Long Serious Relationship At The Time Nick Jonas Slid Into Her DM
- Manchester City’s Striker Erling Haaland Under Police Investigation For Potential Driving Offence
- Nick Cannon Discloses That He Does Not Give Any Of His Baby Mommas ‘Monthly Allowances’ Or ‘Set Amount’ Of Money
- Tottenham Hotspur Linked With Zinedine Zidane Also Makes Contact With Ex Bayern Manager Nagelsmann
- Germany 2-3 Belgium: De Bruyne dazzles as Tedesco era offers promise
- Scotland 2-0 Spain: McTominay at the double as La Roja stunned
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant