Up to 16,500 spectators will be allowed to attend the Champions League final in Porto on Saturday, UEFA announced on Tuesday with the opening of ticket sales.
The figure permitted by the Portuguese authorities is one-third of the capacity of the Estadio do Dragao which took over hosting the final in mid-May after Istanbul was ruled out by Covid-19 problems.
UEFA had already allocated 6,000 tickets each to finalists Chelsea and Manchester City.
To this will be added the traditional invitations, as well as “1,700 tickets reserved for the general public” which “will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis”.
Tickets be cost from 70 euros to 600 euros — against a range of 40 to 130 euros for Wednesday’s Europa League final in Gdansk between Manchester United and Villareal.
Because of the pandemic, spectators “will require proof of a negative Covid-19 test” to enter the stadium. Fans coming from abroad “will have to comply with border entry restrictions and requirements that will be in force”.
As Portugal is on the British government “green list” neither the players nor UK-based supporters will have to quarantine on their return home.
The switch from Istanbul came after the UK authorities on May 7 put Turkey on their “red list” of the most severe travel conditions.
While both finalists are two English, switching the final to the UK was ruled out because entry restrictions meant the media, officials and guests would need to quarantine before the match, which was not practicable.
Portugal also hosted the “Final 8” in 2020 which allowed the Champions League to finish in the pandemic.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Sheikh Gumi May Be A Spy For Bandit Terrorists – OPC
- Afrobasket 2021: Nigeria Beats Mali To Clinch Title For Straight Third Time
- AfroBasket 2021: Cameroon clinch Third-Place finish after win over Senegal
- Samir Nasri Retires From Football
- Saga, Queen And Nini Have Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House
- Arsenal 3-1 Tottenham: Gunners claim easy derby win over sorry Spurs
- Juventus 3-2 Sampdoria: Dybala injury overshadows Bianconeri win
- Barcelona 3-0 Levante: Fati on target on Blaugrana return in emphatic win
- D’Tigress beat Senegal, qualify for AfroBasket finals
- “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” The No. 1 Tv Game Show Is Back, Bigger And Better!
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects