Prominent Republicans in the US Congress have on Sunday urged Donald Trump to “fight hard” and not concede his loss to Joe Biden in the race for the White House, alleging that election fraud must be investigated.
Some Republicans also told the US President that legal challenges must be allowed to play out before he takes the next action.
Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina in an interview with Fox News said;
We will work with Biden if he wins, but Trump has not lost. Do not concede, Mr. President. Fight hard.
Graham alleged fraud in relation to mailed ballots, the method a large number of Americans preferred in Tuesday’s election due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Senator, a former Trump critic turned strong supporter added; “It’s the wild-wild west when it comes to mail-in balloting”.
There is no evidence that fraud has ever been a significant problem affecting mail-in voting in US presidential elections.
Nevertheless, he expressed;
Everything we worried about has come true, so if we don’t fight back in 2020 we’re never going to win again presidentially.
Other top Republicans were more guarded in their comments but nonetheless refused to acknowledge Biden had won, saying legal challenges must go forward and vote counting must continue.
Kevin McCarthy, a top Republican in the House of Representatives, on Fox News said;
What we need in the presidential race is to make sure every legal vote is counted, every recount is completed, and every legal challenge should be heard. Then and only then that America will decide who won the race.
Read Also: Donald Trump Refuses To Concede To Joe Biden, Vows To Challenge ‘Illegal’ Votes
Trump has repeatedly made groundless allegations of fraud and has even claimed that he won the election despite projections based on results showing Biden as the clear victor.
Biden currently has at least 290 electoral college votes, with only 270 needed to win, while Trump has 214.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch The First Episode of Mr Eazi & Temi Otedola’s “How Far”
- Nigeria’s Economy To Grow By 2 Percent In 2021 – CBN
- Boko Haram Beheads 43 Persons In Fresh Attack In Borno State
- Real Madrid 1-2 Deportivo Alaves: Hazard blow as ramshackle champions come unstuck
- Paris Saint-Germain 2-2 Bordeaux: Champions pegged back again as old boys combine
- Valencia 0-1 Atletico Madrid: Lato own goal takes Simeone’s side joint-top
- Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: VAR rescues Seagulls as Reds pay penalty
- Manchester City 5-0 Burnley: Mahrez hits hat-trick in latest Clarets thrashing
- Messi, Busquets and De Jong return to Barca squad
- No Agreement With FG To Suspend Strike – ASUU
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 weeks ago
Bank documents expose how Tinubu’s Alpha-Beta moved billions
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World