Neymar has been officially unveiled by Paris Saint-Germain after completing his world-record £199million transfer from Barcelona yesterday.
The Brazil international’s move will go down in history after more than doubling the previous world record transfer fee, and for potentially signalling a major power shift in European football.
Barcelona long insisted their star player was not for sale and said the deal was ‘impossible’ due to Financial Fair Play, but PSG have succeeded in pulling off what is being dubbed the deal of the century.
Neymar’s move was confirmed last night and he sported his new colours for the first time today, as well as meeting the press at the Parc des Princes.
The 25-year-old was met by huge crowds of PSG fans queuing up to see their new signing and buy his new number 10 shirt, with some going for as much as £140.
Club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi was delighted with the purchase, saying: ‘For me Neymar is the best player in the world, so we wanted to have the best player in the world.
‘Neymar came here to write new pages in the history of Paris St Germain.
‘Today, it (the £199m fee) might seem expensive. But in two years’ time it might not anymore. We will make money together in the coming years as it is a two-brand project. For me it’s a fantastic transfer.’
Neymar himself denied two biggest accusations aimed at him for leaving Barca; that he was motivated by money and that he wanted to escape from the shadow of former team-mate Lionel Messi at the Nou Camp.
‘No, quite on the contrary. One of my motivations to play for Barcelona was to play alongisde Lionel Messi, he was my role model,’ he said.
‘There was no pressure at all there, only during the first week at Barcelona where I was nervous to train with my role models.
‘But after that first week, I was relaxed and to play with the best is very easy because every player wants to play with the best in the world to win titles together.
‘I want to thank Messi because he welcomed me so well and I learned so much from him in our four years together.’
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Pique, De Jong, Lenglet and Ter Stegen sign contract extensions
- Man Utd top Champions League own goals charts after Martial mistake
- Military shoots #ENDSARS Protesters at Lekki-Ikoyi Tollgate, Lagos as CCTV gets disabled.
- Barcelona 5-1 Ferencvaros: Messi on target as Pique sees red
- Ozil’s Arsenal career all but over after being left out of Premier League squad
- Bayern star Gnabry tests positive for COVID-19
- Chelsea 0-0 Sevilla: Blues kick off Champions League campaign with goalless draw
- Paris Saint-Germain 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford rescues Red Devils again
- Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Adamu Garba Files $1Billion Lawsuit Against Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey For Supporting #EndSars
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World