American Singer R. Kelly, has been Found Guilty of All Counts in Sex Trafficking Trial
R. Kelly was found guilty of all counts in his racketeering and sex trafficking case on Monday.
It took nine hours across two days for the jury, which included seven men and five women, to reach a unanimous verdict. Prosecutors were able to nail the disgraced singer on racketeering charges by showing jurors how R. Kelly used friends and employees to facilitate his sexual abuse and transport his victims across state lines.
Multiple witnesses testified against the R&B singer during the month-long trial. One of the witnesses included one of his accusers, Jerhonda Pace, who claimed to have had sex with R. Kelly multiple times while she was a minor. She also described being physically abused by him after she failed to address him when he entered the room because she was texting.
“I went to Rob’s house and he called me a b****,” Pace said. “He said I was a silly b****. He slapped me three times and said if I lied to him again it’s not going to be an open hand next time. He spit in my face and mouth. He choked me during an argument. I had sex with him. I had oral sex with him. I went home and confessed.”
While R. Kelly’s legal time attempted to dismiss their client’s accusers as obsessed fans, the entertainer’s marriage to Aaliyah, when she was only 15, was brought up during the trial. A former tour manager admitted to bribing a Chicago-area welfare office employee to make a fake ID for Aaliyah in order for the nuptials to move forward. In addition, a former backup dancer confessed to witnessing R. Kelly perform oral sex on Aaliyah.
Prosecutors claimed the marriage was an attempt to avoid criminal charges for the relationship and to keep Aaliyah from testifying against him. In total, 11 sexual abuse victims testified against R. Kelly during his trial.
R. Kelly could spend the rest of his life in prison and will be sentenced on May 4, 2022. The singer still faces criminal charges in Minnesota and Illinois.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Barcelona 1-0 Dynamo Kiev: Pique gets Koeman’s side off the mark in Champions League
- Spartak Moscow 3-4 Leicester City: Deadly Daka hits four as Foxes win classic
- ‘What is the hope for Nigeria?’ – Media Consultant, Chukwuyem Eledan speaks on Police Brutality in Nigeria
- Amnesty International Reveals Buhari regime is protecting officers who tortured, murdered #EndSARS protesters
- Club Brugge 1-5 Manchester City: Palmer nets as slick visitors win big
- #EndSARS: Lagos Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, Awards N148.2m To 23 Victims Of Police Brutality
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 RB Leipzig: Messi scores twice to complete comeback
- Atletico Madrid 2-3 Liverpool: History-making Salah seals dramatic win after Griezmann red
- Porto 1-0 Milan: Diaz strike leaves timid Rossoneri without a point in Group B
- Kim Kardashian Pays Kanye West $23 Million For Hidden Hills Estate
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye