Buku Abi, R. Kelly’s estranged daughter, has sympathised with her father’s alleged victims of sexual abuse.
Following the release of the ‘Surviving R. Kelly‘ documentary, the R&B singer’s daughter took to Instagram to apologise to her father’s accusers.
Abi said she chose not to speak on the allegations against her father for her own peace of mind and emotional healing.
“To people who feel I should be speaking up against everything that is going on right now, I just want you all to understand that devastated is an understatement for all I feel currently,” she said.
“I pray for all the families and women that have been affected by my father’s actions. Trust, I have been deeply affected by all of these.”
Explaining how traumatising the experience has been, Abi said her father’s lifestyle is the reason she severed ties with him, including dropping his last name.
“Unfortunately for my own personal reasons & for all my family has endured in regards to him, his life decisions and his last name, it has been years since my siblings and I have seen and or have spoken to him,” she said.
“Reminders of how terrible my father is, and how we should be speaking up against him, rude comments about my family, fabricating me, my siblings, & our mothers…does not help my family in our healing process.
“The same monster you all confronting me about is my father. I’m well aware of who and what he is. I grew up in that house.”
She expressed gratitude to friends and family members while reiterating their support for the alleged victims.
“My mother, siblings and I would never condone, support or be a part of anything negative he has done,” Abi said.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Burna Boy’s “African Giant” Album Makes 14th Place AT Billboard Top 50 Albums 2019
- MBGN Nyekachi Douglas wins Miss World’s Top Model!
- Lizzo is TIME’s 2019 “Entertainer of the Year”
- Wolves 4-0 Besiktas: Jota hits hat-trick but Nuno’s men miss out on top spot
- Manchester United 4-0 AZ: Greenwood dazzles as hosts seal top spot
- Tomori signs new five-year Chelsea deal
- Standard Liege 2-2 Arsenal: Lacazette and Saka inspire fightback as Gunners win the group
- O.L.A Releases 2 new singles ‘Get The Bag’ & ‘Yawa’ to Round Of 2019
- Seyi Shay Stuns In Stylelitude Spread On December Edition Of Genevieve Magazine
- Chris Brown Confirms He’s A Father Of Two, Shares Beautiful Picture Of His New Born Son
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!