The La Liga giants have been tracking Coutinho for the past month and now believe they have reached an agreement with Liverpool for the playmaker making him the second most expensive player in football history.
ESPN say Anfield bosses have finally accepted a package which will see the Brazilian international quit Anfield and make a move to the Nou Camp
The respected outlet say a group from Barca flew over to Liverpool on Monday for detailed talks with Liverpool bosses after failing with two earlier bids for the player.
Chief executive Oscar Grau headed the delegation, who have been desperate to get a deal done for Coutinho as they seek to replace Neymar in the Barca squad.
It is understood that the player told Liverpool yesterday he would prefer to make the move to Spain if a deal could be agreed between the two clubs.
That appears to have softened the Merseyside club’s stance from their original position of insisting their star player was not for sale.
Instead the report claims Liverpool have now reluctantly accepted Barca’s offer, which will see an initial fee of £81.6m being paid for the 25-year-old – although publicly the club are still briefing no deal has been agreed.
The Reds now suddenly face going into the new season without two of the biggest players, with Adam Lallana already ruled out long-term with a hamstring injury.
But ultimately Klopp and his board knew a decision had to be made sooner, rather than later, or risk losing their star man at the end of the transfer window with no time to replace him.
Reaching an agreement now at least gives them an opportunity to find the ideal replacement – with West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini one of the players they have been trailing.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Senator Bassey’s house burnt down over COVID-19 palliatives
- Ramos and Alba fit for El Clasico starts
- West Ham 1-1 Manchester City: Foden cancels out Antonio stunner but City struggle again
- Calabar residents invade COVID-19 relief warehouse
- Why we hid 241,787 bags of COVID-19 palliatives from Osun residents – Official
- DJ Switch Gives First Official Statement Since Lekki Tollgate Massacre
- NFF Blasts ‘unpatriotic’ John Ogu over call on Eagles to boycott qualifiers
- 69 Persons Were Killed in #EndSARS Protests – Buhari
- Unfortunate That #EndSARS Protest Was Hijacked and Misdirected, Buhari Tells Former Heads of State
- Buhari Has Ordered Investigation of Lekki Protesters’ Attack, Youth Minister Says
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World