President Vladimir Putin said he will get a coronavirus vaccine shot on Tuesday; several months after widespread vaccination was started in Russia.
Kremlin opponents have criticized Putin for not getting vaccinated amid a comparatively slow rollout of the shot in Russia; arguing that his reluctance is fueling the already extensive hesitance about the vaccine.
Russia, where only 4.3% of the 146-million population have received at least one dose; lags behind a number of countries in terms of the vaccination rate.
Putin told a meeting with government officials on Monday that he will get his shot “tomorrow;” without specifying which coronavirus vaccine out of the three approved for use in Russia he will take.
According to the Russian president, 6.3 million people in Russia have already received at least one shot; and more than 4.3 million have had two doses.
“Today we can confidently say … that the Russian vaccines are absolutely reliable and safe,” Putin said.
“It is an absolute success of our scientists and specialists.”
Despite scepticism about Russia’s hasty introduction of the vaccine, which was rolled out before it had completed late-stage trials; the vaccine appears to be safe and effective.
According to a study published in the Lancet, Sputnik V is 91% effective and appears to prevent inoculated individuals from becoming severely ill with COVID-19; although it’s still unclear if the vaccine can prevent the spread of the disease.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes