The Senate on Thursday, May 31, confirmed four non-executive directors for the board of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), rejecting one.
The confirmed nominees are Ummu Jalingo, Justitia Odinakachukwu, Mike Obadan and Adeola Adetunji.
The lawmakers at the upper chamber of the National Assembly, however, rejected Abdu Abubakar, as senators who screened him said they were dissatisfied with his responses to their questions.
The nominees were confirmed after Rafiu Ibrahim, chairman of the senate committee on banking, presented a report.
According to Ibrahim, Abdu Abubakar, the unconfirmed nominee, failed the committee’s integrity test.
“That four out of the five nominees, professor Ummu Jalingo, Justitia Odinakachukwu Nnabuko, Mike Obadan and Adeola Adetunji are very resourceful, diligent, articulate, competent and have the needed value for the central bank and they answered questions satisfactorily,” he said.
“The nominees have vast knowledge of the CBN act. They have been cleared by CCB and relevant security agency.
“One of the nominees, Dr Abdu Abubakar, failed the integrity test designed by the committee to assess, his response to questions lacked transparency and not worthy to appointed into a regulatory agency by the CBN.”
After the presentation of the report by Mr Ibrahim, the deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu said the issues surrounding the non-confirmation of Mr Abubakar should be revisited by the committee.
Thereafter, Senate President, Bukola Saraki, directed the committee to “look into Mr Abubakar’s record, do more legislative work and report back.”
It would be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari had sent five names to the senate in April 2017.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- New Music: Yung CN – The Matter
- Beyoncé & Wizkid #BrownSkinGirlChallenge Is Trending Worldwide
- Comedian Young MC Announces His First International Comedy Tour
- New Music: G – Flamez – Seme ft. Little Pepe & Damibliz
- #BBNaija: Tuoyo Evicted From The Big Brother House
- 5 Kirikiri Prison Inmates Graduate From National Open University
- Omashola is a Friend to some of Your Fave Celebs Before #BBNAIJA
- Simi Releases Heartwarming Visuals to “By You” featuring Her Husband Adekunle Gold
- Giannis Antetokounmpo To Release Nike Sneakers Inspired By ‘Coming To America’
- Police Invite Timi Dakolo & Wife For Questioning
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News8 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport7 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community9 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!