As soon as LeBron James signed with the Lakers, delusional fans began to entertain the fantasy that Kobe Bryant might return to the purple and gold to play alongside the greatest NBA player of all-time.
The idea was sent into hyperdrive by former Laker and former Kobe teammate Shaquille O’Neal. The bigman was asked by TMZ Sports if he might try to slim down and get back on the court this season. He shot that idea down but suggested another.
“No man, no I’m not (coming out of retirement to play with LeBron) … Kobe’s coming back I heard. Kobe is coming back, you heard it here first.”
The Big Aristotle is clearly screwing around, but that didn’t stop some fans from dreaming about the possibility.
If Kobe makes a comeback this season, this offseason has to be the greatest of all time, don’t @ me. #LakerNation
— Ant (@videogame0401) July 31, 2018
Omg if Kobe returns to play with LeBron and the Lakers…I'm going to lose my shit. This would be the greatest offseason ever no questions asked if this happens
— Mathew Chacko (@matt_is_hisname) July 31, 2018
— Alex Wassabi (@AlexWassabi) July 31, 2018
Idk if Shaq was trollin or not, but if Kobe comes outta retirement and plays a season or two………. fuckkkk
— Nik (@T0pducky) July 31, 2018
Fans got so hyped that they started pestering Vanessa Bryant with questions about it on Instagram. She replied to one of those questions and put the rumor to rest:
“Kobe will not be coming out of retirement to play again. He doesn’t want to play again and frankly we really enjoy spending time together as a family without the crazy game schedule interfering with birthdays, holidays and special events.”
Life is no doubt better in retirement, but lest we forget Kobe prides himself on his competitive spirit. And while that might seem like a reason he would actually consider coming back, it’s the reason he never would.
To put it bluntly: Kobe would not be good if he came back to the NBA. That’s not to say he couldn’t be a role player, doing something like whaat Vince Carter is doing at 41, but that’s not Kobe’s style. And if he did come back, he wouldn’t be teaming up with LeBron; he’d be becoming one of LeBron’s sidekicks.
That’s not a role Kobe would ever sign up for.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World