South African Policeman Jailed over Death of Nigerian
Two representatives of the South African Police Service (SAPS), have been remanded in prison over the death of a Nigerian man, Ebuka Okori. He reportedly died on Friday, January 19, 2018, report says.
Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the Senior Special Assistant to Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari, on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, revealed that the country’s consulate in South Africa is on top on the situation, the Cable News mentioned in a report.
It confirmed the arrest of the officers who are to be remanded in prison until Monday, January 29, 2018.
“We condemn in strong terms the barbaric acts and call on the South African authorities to intervene and put an end to this ugly trend,”
“We also call on Nigerians to continue to be law abiding, as we work towards obtaining justice for the family of the deceased,” Dabiri-Erewa, stated through her spokesperson
Taking a similar stance like Dabiri-Erewa, Nigeria Consul General in Johannesburg, South Africa, Mr. Godwin Adams, appealed to South Africa’s authorities to look into the matter relating to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians living in their country.
“We condemn in strong terms the barbaric acts and call on the South African authorities to intervene and put an end to this ugly trend. We also call on Nigerians to continue to be law abiding, as we work towards obtaining justice for the family of the deceased.
“While we await the outcome of the judicial proceedings, we want to, once again, appeal for calm and rectitude among our nationals in the affected areas,” says Adams.
The killing of Nigerians living abroad is not restricted to South Africa alone.
In October 2017, a Nigerian man suffered physical abuse from a mob in India who reportedly framed him for theft. The victim was tied to a pole and beaten to a pulp according to reports.
This action generated condemnation from NDTV, one of India’s leading media organization who confirmed the assault on the Nigerian man.
It claimed that the attack was aimed at stealing the victim’s money.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- The Gorgeous Yusufs Took Paris Fashion Week By A Storm With Their Amazing & Mind-Blowing Looks
- The Amazing Music Duo Ajebo Hustlers Drops Their First Single Of The Year 2023
- Victony Releases Remix Of Record Hit and Tik Tok Sensation “Soweto” Featuring Rema, Don Toliver & Tempoe
- Osimhen Arrives At Super Eagles Camp Ahead Of Guinea Bissau Match
- De Bruyne Becomes New Belgium Captain
- Sevilla Coach Sampaoli Sacked Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Araujo Suffers Thigh Injury
- Ibrahimovic At 41 Open To Play In Euros Next Year
- Actor Olumide Oworu Finally Speaks After House Of Assembly Election, Blames INEC For Excluding His Name On The Ballot Papers
- Rapper Bad Bunny’s Ex-girlfriend Files $40m Lawsuit Against Him For Using Her Voice Without Her Consent
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant