Sultan, CAN, Tell Nigerians How To Vote
Words of caution have gone out from the Sultan of Sokoto and the President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar; and the President, of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Archbishop Daniel Okoh on how Nigerians should conduct themselves during the 2023 general elections.
The two religious leaders urged Nigerians to vote peacefully, avoid sentiments and follow their conscience in voting for candidates in the 2023 general elections.
They cautioned against being allowed to be used to manipulate the entire electoral process.
The call was made in Abuja on Wednesday at the 5th Annual Peace Conference and General Assembly of the Interfaith Dialogue Forum for Peace with the theme ‘Religion and ethnicity: Safeguarding the 2023 general elections.’
Represented by the Director of Administration, NSCIA, Zubairu Usman, the Sultan told Nigerians to get their Permanent Voters Cards (PVC) and remember they are first Nigerians before any other thing.
He said, “We are first Nigerians before anything else. So, Nigerians should go and get their PVCs, conduct themselves peacefully, go to the polling units on election days and vote with wisdom and according to their conscience.”
On his part, the CAN Chairman who was represented by Most Rev. Benebo Fubara-Manuel, said the Christian umbrella body has no preferred candidate even though it has an objection to the same-faith ticket.
He emphasized the need to properly manage the religious, ethnic, and other differences in Nigeria by respecting the country’s plurality.
He said, “Individuals will vote according to their consciences. Vote the person that God has placed in your heart as the leader of the country even when CAN says no to the same-faith ticket.
“CAN hasn’t said no to our consciences. It is only saying to us; listen to your God. Look at the country and its economy, and find the best leader.
“Why did CAN say no to the same-faith ticket? It is to ease the tension to make sure that political parties play in such a way that we, as a nation, can be able to manage our diverse religious and ethnic consciousness.”
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- English Football Club Giants, Manchester United Are In Debt Of Almost £1bn, New Figures Reveal
- Claim Of Plans to Put In Place Interim Govt Is A Ploy By DSS To Arrest Opposition Members Before May 29 – Atiku
- ‘I Went To My Car And Cried’ – Patrice Evra Discloses His Emotional Reaction To France’s Defeat by Argentina In The 2022 World Cup Final
- ‘Real Housewives Of Orange County’ Alum, Meghan King Tried Dating Women To ‘Explore’ Her Sexuality
- Circtop.com: A Secure and Reliable Crypto Trading Platform for Passive Income
- Raz B features Moyo Payne on Brand New Single “Dat Same boy (DSB)”
- Anthony Joshua To Earn £10m From His Fight With Jermaine Franklin
- Ugobest Music New Signed Artiste Jeydsnl releases new song titled “My Mind”
- Ghanaian Tik Toker And Video Creator, Ahoufe Abrantie Has Kicked The Bucket
- Jack Diamond Charged With Rape And Sexual Assault
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant