As COVID-19 cases increase amidst the second wave, the founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nations Temitope Joshua on Wednesday appealed to the public to support and cooperate with the government in the production and distribution of vaccines.
The Buhari administration has said it was exploring the option of local production of the vaccines in the country.
On Monday, health minister Osagie Ehanire said that the government was releasing N10 billion to support the local production of vaccines.
Endorsing the vaccine, Mr. Joshua, in a one minute, 48 seconds video on his social media page said he believes that the government is only striving hard to get the country out of its current situation.
“Concerning the ongoing situation in the world, I have received thousands of emails on the COVID-19 vaccine. No doubt, there are many conspiracy theories surrounding this vaccine,” he said. “However, my belief is that our governments are only trying to look for a way out of this very challenging situation, although there may be bad faith in certain quarters.”
Acknowledging that vaccines trigger some negative reactions, the cleric recounted how he experienced the same after chloroquine.
“Many people have complained of some negative reactions but this is always the case with vaccines of this nature. I remember I used to have such reactions whenever I took chloroquine. That does not mean chloroquine is bad. It works positively for many.
“At this time, our governments need our support and our cooperation – because the world is in a dilemma. God bless you. Emmanuel!” Mr. Joshua said.
Mr. Joshua’s advice could prove critical for millions of Nigerians who are yet to accept vaccines as an innocuous but potent medical intervention against the ravaging virus, which has sickened nearly 100 million people over the past one year.
Some pentecostal preachers like Chris Oyakhilome have deepened suspicion amongst citizens by using the pulpit to propagate baseless conspiracy theories against COVID-19 vaccines. Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello also falsely claimed the vaccines were produced to kill people, despite producing no evidence and lacking requisite scientific background to reach such conclusions.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Ufc Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman Declares War On Longtime Contender Jorge Masvidal In Sold-out Epic Rematch Battle
- Watch Skaa In Neon Lights Filled Visuals for “Right Back” featuring Buju
- COVID-19: Nigeria Records 120 New Cases, Zero Deaths In Over A Week
- Gunmen Attack Green Field Private University In Kaduna, Kidnap Students
- Derek Chauvin Found Guilty Of All Three Charges In George Floyd’s Death
- FarmKonnect To Launch Africa’s First Agricultural Electronic Centre In Ibadan
- Phlex has releases a new single, titled “Flavour”
- COVID-19: Nigeria Records 26 New Cases – Lowest Daily Infections In One Year
- UEFA To Ban Clubs Who Take Part In Breakaway European Super League
- Versatile Act, Vclef Releases New Stunning Photos In Anticipation Of His Forthcoming Single
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News5 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes