This year is the ultimate year of wins for multiple award-winning Afrofusion pioneer, Burna Boy as he bags the much-coveted Grammy award in the ‘Best Global Album’ category for his ‘TWICE AS TALL’ album. He was nominated alongside Tuareg Desert Rock group Tinariwen, NYC afrobeat outfit Antibalas, Brazilian-American Bebel Gilberto, and British-Indian sitar player Anoushka Shankar.
This is the second consecutive time Burna Boy has been nominated for the Grammys. His previous album, ‘African Giant’ was nominated at the 62nd Grammy Awards for ‘Best World Music Album’, the award went to Beninoise singer, Angélique Kidjo who dedicated the award to Burna Boy and said he was leading the pack of young Africans who will shake up the global music space.
With a captivating performance at the 63rd annual Grammy Awards held earlier tonight, Burna Boy was a vision as he brought down the house in a powerful medley of his songs, starting with the chorus of “20:10: 20” to “Level Up’ to ‘Onyeka’ and ‘Ye’, complemented by his band ‘The Outsiders’ whose reworked musical arrangement was nothing short of ethereal excellence.
The Annual Grammy Awards which recognizes the best recordings, compositions and artistes of the eligibility year, running from September 1, 2019, to August 31, 2020, deemed what is truly a great album ‘Twice as Tall’; where the Grammy award winner sang in at least three different languages, drew in artistes from across Africa and across the diaspora to fuse his Afrofusion style into one percolating whole; as outstanding in its artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry.
One of the biggest contributors to the explosion of the Nigerian music scene, whose hybrid black-music style exploded in the last few years, the African Giant has in many ways earned his plaudits. From getting recognized by a number of notable platforms as the African artiste whose lead to follow, to the successes of his headline concerts, Burna is getting rewarded for the work he has put in over the last ten years and is poised to continue to enjoy the benefits with more good music.
Burna Boy’s recent wins include, The MTV European Music Awards (EMA) for ‘Best African Act’, The All Africa Music Awards album of the year and winner, ‘Best International Act’ for the Black Entertainment (BET) awards and The 2020 Dutch Edison Award for ‘World Album’. Burna Boy’s work and recognitions establish him as one of the biggest international acts in the world.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes