Manchester United’s Manager Jose Mourinho Has Revealed the Problem he has with English Defender Chris Smalling.
The England international centre-back scored a brilliant goal in the 2-1 win over Watford, to end the host’s 100% start to the league.
Jose Mourinho has said he does not like Chris Smalling’s hair, despite his goal handing Manchester United a 2-1 win at Watford on Saturday.
Smalling was also a good match for Deeney, keeping the Watford attacker from performing at top form.
“He was good, the only thing I don’t like from Chris at this moment is his haircut, but I am nobody to tell him that,” Mourinho joked in his post-match news conference.
“But he’s playing really well, also Victor [Lindelof]. And I repeat, Marouane [Fellaini] is really important for them in two difficult matches, matches of two-against-two, because Burnley and Watford play two strikers, two powerful strikers.
“They can hold the ball, they can make runs, they are good in the air, they are physical, clever, so I think these three guys [Smalling, Lindelof and Fellaini] were very important for us today again, and when a central defender can score a goal, even better.”
“We made defensive mistakes against Brighton and against Tottenham,” Mourinho said. “Against Brighton we didn’t deserve to win that match, but against Tottenham I think we did deserve to win it.
“But six goals and defensive mistakes, and then we go to two matches away – difficult matches, different stadiums, Burnley, Watford – and I felt that my central defenders they needed, especially in this moment of a bit of instability, they needed somebody to support and to give them the first wall; physicality.
“But Marouane is giving us more than that. He is giving us that, but he’s giving us also quality and simplicity in his football. He’s playing simple.
“He’s playing simple and well. So I’m really happy. I’m really happy with Marouane.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World