The newly appointed Acting Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed on Monday assumed office after her appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday to replace Kemi Adeosun, who resigned.
The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance, Dr Mahmoud Isa-Dutse, and other directors of the Ministry, on Monday, received the Supervising Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed in Abuja.
Ahmed while addressing members of staff of the ministry who had gathered to receive her, said going forward, she would work closely with the Permanent Secretary to catch up on the activities of the Ministry.
She said: “These are very challenging times for our country.
“It means we are part of the economic team that has been charged with making sure there is economic stability in our country.
“We have very serious revenue challenges and it is up to us to shore up the revenues of this country.
“Mr President has a lot of confidence that we can do this. We are working for Mr President, but at the end of the day, we are working for the benefit of the citizens of our country.
“There are a lot of sacrifices that I know that you have done, and we are going to push ourselves to still do more so that at the end of the day we will say Alhamdulillah– glory be to God,” she said.
President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Zainab Ahmed to oversee the Ministry of Finance after the resignation of Mrs Kemi Adeosun.
Before her new appointment, Ahmed was the Minister of State, Budget and National Planning.
Ahmed also held several critical positions in the past including the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative and Managing Director, Kaduna Investment Company, to mention but a few.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watford close in on William Troost-Ekong
- ‘The Simpsons’ replaces Hank Azaria with Alex Désert as the Voice of Carl in season 32 premiere
- Tiwa Savage, Gambian Kora Great grace Glo-sponsored African Voices
- Lindelof could pay price for defensive lapses – Solskjaer
- Mendy will have to wait for Chelsea debut – Lampard
- ‘We Determine Those Who Visit Our Country‘ – UK Replies FG
- 9 Kwara United players contract coronavirus
- Gabriel Jesus adds to Manchester City’s injury woes
- Messi slams Barcelona for ‘kicking out’ Suarez
- Afro-pop Artiste, Olakira Releases Peppy ‘maserati’ Remix Featuring DMW’s Davido
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World