Thomas Tuchel has been sacked by Paris Saint-Germain, according to Sky Germany.
Tuchel joined the club at the beginning of the 2018-19 season, winning back-to-back league titles as well as the Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue in 2020.
PSG are currently third in Ligue 1, a point behind leaders Lyon, and have lost four of their 17 games in the league this season. They topped their group in the Champions League ahead of RB Leipzig and Manchester United, and will face Barcelona in the last 16 of the competition.
Tuchel’s departure comes four months after he guided the club to their first Champions League final where they lost to Bayern Munich in Lisbon.
The German replaced Unai Emery on a two-year contract in June 2018, and signed an extension last May which would have seen him stay in Paris until the end of the current campaign.
However, in October there was a public fallout over player recruitment with the club’s sporting director Leonardo.
Tuchel said: “We lose too many players on free transfers. It is too, too much. We cannot ask this squad the same thing as we did last season.”
The following day Leonardo voiced his disapproval of Tuchel’s comments, saying “you have to respect the people above you”.
“I didn’t like his comments, the club didn’t like them either,” he said.
“We have to understand the moment we are going through. If someone is not happy, it is easy – we can talk. But if you decide to stay, you have to respect the people above you.”
They beat Strasbourg 4-0 in the league on Wednesday night, and are next in action against Saint-Etienne on January 6.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Omawumi is giving her fans some “Bullshit”
- PSG wait for ‘happier’ Neymar to sign contract extension
- Ahmed Musa promise to lead Kano Pillars to win NPFL title
- Waje Releases “Heart Season” EP
- Villarreal 2-1 Dinamo Zagreb (3-1 agg): Emery to face Arsenal as Moreno helps secure semi-final spot
- Slavia Prague 0-4 Arsenal (1-5 agg): Gunners set up Emery reunion after first-half blitz
- Manchester United 2-0 Granada (4-0 agg): Cavani landmark strike as semi-final awaits
- Roma 1-1 Ajax (3-2 agg): Serie A side scrape through to set up Man Utd semi
- Tiwa Savage Covers Allure Magazine’s Latest Issue
- President Buhari Returns From Medical Trip To UK
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes