National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC) and Former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu have announced a donation of the sum of N50 million to victims of Katsina Central Market Fire.
It would be recalled that an early morning fire broke out on Monday at Katsina Central Market destroying several shops.
Tinubu made the announcement on Wednesday during a condolence visit to the Katsina State government and victims of the fire.
He was received by the state governor, Aminu Masari, and other top government officials in the state.
Tinubu also paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman.
The APC stalwart commiserated with victims of the fire and advised that market activities resume despite the level of damages and destructions recorded. According to him, life must continue.
Tinubu while addressing journalists said the purpose of the visit is to sympathise with the victims of the fire and promote unity.
He expressed shock over the unfortunate incident and emphasised the need to promote unity and collaboration among Nigerians adding that Nigerians must be their brother keepers.
The early Monday morning fire which gutted scores of stalls at Katsina Central Market fire destroyed goods and properties valued at millions of naira.
Eyewitnesses attributed the fire to the explosion from gas cylinders sold in one of the shops.
Following the fire outbreak, a six-man delegation from Federal Government on Tuesday visited the affected market including the Katsina Government House to also commiserate with the victims.
FG delegation was received by Chairman of Traders Union, Abbas Labaran Albaba and some selected members of the union including some victims.
The delegation went round with the market officials and victims to get first-hand information and access the level of damages in the affected areas.
The delegation includes the Minister of Interior, Ra’uf Aregbosola, Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami as well as the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sa’adiyya Umar Faruq and the President’s Spokesman, Garba Shehu.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes