Julen Lopetegui has been officially unveiled as the new manager of Real Madrid after he was sacked by Spain on eve of the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
The Spanish Football Federation (SFF) sacked Lopetegui on Wednesday after he was announced as next Real Madrid coach on Tuesday despite having committed his future to Spain’s national team by signing a deal until 2020.
Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales claimed he was only aware Lopetegui had agreed on a deal five minutes before Real announced it.
Speaking at his unveiling at a press conference on Thursday evening, the former Real goalkeeper, said: ‘We will try and win everything. I just want to thank everyone, I feel like part of the Real family. Yesterday, after the death of my mother, was the saddest of my life, but today is the happiest day of my life.’
Before Lopetegui spoke, Real president Florentino Perez accused the Spanish FA of ‘disrespecting’ Real and attempting to ‘destroy our image’ in an extraordinary statement.
He said: ‘We wanted to have this act after the World Cup, a successful World Cup for our national team. However circumstances mean we are here now, and we are delighted to welcome the new manager of our team.
‘I know for you, Julen, today is a day of a lot of feelings, strange feelings, as you wanted to be world champion, you wanted to make Spain champion of the world and then be manager of your dear Real Madrid.
‘Inevitably there will be some comments about what has happened, but Real and Julen made an agreement to work together after the World Cup, respecting his contract. We wanted to do it before the World Cup to make it transparent and avoid rumours.
‘There is no precedent that a manager agrees to become manager of a team after a competition and that agreement has been interpreted as disloyal. If you think it is, well, that is not how we do things in modern Spain. It is not true at all.
‘We wanted to make it transparent and clear to prevent leaks that could damage Spain during the World Cup. This agreement seemed all normal, but then it was a reaction of pride from the FA president which has disrespected Real Madrid.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World