Gareth Bale continued his recent goalscoring run with a brace matched by Harry Kane in Tottenham’s 4-1 Premier League win at home to Crystal Palace.
Loan star Bale had netted just four times in his first 16 games back at Spurs, but his double on Sunday took his tally to six across his subsequent six appearances.
Kane assisted both goals, either side of a Christian Benteke header that only briefly pegged Jose Mourinho’s men back, before the England captain added a sensational third and then the fourth for a double of his own.
Son Heung-min laid on the striker’s second for the pair’s 14th goal combination of the campaign, a new Premier League record, as a third straight victory took Tottenham into the top six.
The star of the show from the outset, Bale had already crafted a clear opening for Son, nodded wastefully straight at Vicente Guaita, when he netted the opener after 25 minutes.
Lucas Moura led the Spurs press and pinched the ball from Luka Milivojevic before feeding Kane, who drilled in a low centre that found Bale with an open goal and a simple finish.
Unfortunately for Tottenham, Benteke was clinical from Palace’s very first attempt on the stroke of half-time as he directed Milivojevic’s left-wing cross into the top-right corner with a thumping header.
But Bale picked out the same corner at the same end four minutes after the restart, climbing highest when Kane nodded Sergio Reguilon’s delivery back across goal.
Following two assists, Kane then supplied the pick of the goals, a first-time effort from 20 yards that flew over Guaita’s head just 138 seconds after he had last been beaten.
Wilfried Zaha, returning from injury as a half-time substitute, was unfortunate to strike the post with a left-footed shot, but Palace were soon picked apart again as a gorgeous Erik Lamela pass teed up Son’s volleyed cross onto the waiting head of Kane.
What does it mean? Spurs spoiled for choice
Even in this stunning attacking display, Son missed the chance to cut his Premier League goal drought short. He has now not scored in the competition in a month.
Meanwhile, the resurgent Dele Alli, a starter at Fulham in midweek, did not even make it off the bench.
As Tottenham look to close on the top four while continuing their Europa League run, such depth will surely be key.
Bale back to his best
As well as netting a brace, Bale created four chances for team-mates. Only four times in his entire Premier League career has the winger scored at least twice while also playing four or more key passes.
Kane still the main man
This was Bale’s night, but Kane still had a hand in all four goals. His 40 goal involvements in all competitions this term is the most among all Premier League players.
A pair of assists saw his season tally swell to 13, while he became the first Spurs player to score two or more and create two or more in the same game since Jurgen Klinsmann against Wimbledon in May 1998.
Key Opta Facts
– Only league leaders Manchester City (35) have earned more points at home in this season’s Premier League than Tottenham (24).
– Tottenham’s fourth goal was their 100th in all competitions this season, becoming the second club in Europe’s big-five leagues to reach that tally in 2020-21, after Bayern Munich (106).
– Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has failed to win all six of his Premier League meetings with Spurs’ Jose Mourinho (D3 L3), the joint-most he has faced a particular manager in the competition without yet winning (level with Jurgen Klopp).
– Palace’s goal was from their very first shot of the match, and their only shot on target.
– Tottenham’s Gareth Bale has scored in each of his last three home appearances in all competitions, the first time he has done so since September 2018 for Real Madrid (four in a row), and first time for Spurs since May 2013.
Mourinho described a “very, very hard” month for Tottenham ahead of this match, but they are at home again on Thursday, hosting Dinamo Zagreb in the Europa League. Palace welcome West Brom in the league on Saturday.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes