Following the release of her book ‘Rebirth’ where she narrated the story of her life, Nigerian actress Juliana Olayode popularly known as Toyo Baby has been attacked by fans for initially lying that she was a virgin.
In an interview she granted in the past, the actress who is known for her stance on sexual purity lied that she was a virgin. However, she has confessed, in her book why she lied revealing further that she lost her virginity to her married music teacher when she was 17 years old.
She wrote in her book: “People had assumed I was a virgin. I had never said I was but I had never corrected their assumptions either. So, I was still in that fix. Shortly after my confession, Ebony Life TV called me for an interview. I went and for the first time in my several interviews, I was asked point blank if I was a virgin. I tried to evade the question, but my interviewer was not having it. She demanded for a yes or no. I did not see the question coming and I lied. I said, “Yes, I am a virgin”.
“Immediately the interview was over, I hurried to the bathroom in the studio and cried. I felt terrible for lying and told God I was sorry. I called Dee on my way home and confessed my wrong. I explained further when I got home. The next thing he said shocked me. He said, ‘Call her and confess the truth. Ask for a rescheduling of the interview; do it again and undo your mistake.’
“I was not going to do that. I felt it was my secret and the whole world need not know about it. I was upset with myself, however, for answering her. I could have insisted I could not tell.
“So, I proposed never to answer such again. Easier said than done, right? Shortly after, I was on another TVinterview, Crux Of The Matter, with Elsie. I was invited to talk for sexual purity while the other guest spoke against.
“In the process of the discussion, around the time when it was heated, I was asked out of the blues again if I was a virgin. And before I knew it, I heard myself lying again. I was mad at myself.
“I was on another TV interview that trended for a while. It was On The Couch, with Lady Ariyike. I talked about sexual purity, but thankfully I was not asked if I was virgin. After that one, I decided to stop interviews altogether. I was tired of lying or having to dread lying if I was asked straight up.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- ‘What is the hope for Nigeria?’ – Media Consultant, Chukwuyem Eledan speaks on Police Brutality in Nigeria
- Amnesty International Reveals Buhari regime is protecting officers who tortured, murdered #EndSARS protesters
- Club Brugge 1-5 Manchester City: Palmer nets as slick visitors win big
- #EndSARS: Lagos Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, Awards N148.2m To 23 Victims Of Police Brutality
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 RB Leipzig: Messi scores twice to complete comeback
- Atletico Madrid 2-3 Liverpool: History-making Salah seals dramatic win after Griezmann red
- Porto 1-0 Milan: Diaz strike leaves timid Rossoneri without a point in Group B
- Kim Kardashian Pays Kanye West $23 Million For Hidden Hills Estate
- Buhari Tells Media To Report Security Status As ‘Declining Insecurity’ Not ‘Rising Insecurity’
- Kashy Releases Debut Project “Kashamadupe” EP
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye