Hollywood actor and comedian Tracee Ellis Ross is the latest cover star for Vanity Fair Magazine’s latest issue.
The 45 year-old actress opens up to the magazine about people constantly watching to see if she’s pregnant, what life was like growing up with a superstar for a mother and more.
Read excerpts from her interview below:
On when the pay disparity with her male co-star, Anthony Anderson became public: That was really fu–ing awkward. I don’t know how that information got out. But I understand the interest because there is a larger, deeper, more important conversation going on that is not about me, but is about people being paid appropriately for their contribution and the work that they do, not because of their gender, race, or anything. And it is a valid, real, important, past-due conversation that should no longer be a conversation, that should just be handled . . . across all industries.
On womb watchers: Last year, I was [fictionally] pregnant all season. That brought on a lot of comments and questions and pontifications from people with no invitation. I literally have said to people, for real, no joke, ‘Why don’t you just get out of my womb? Like, get out of my uterus? What are you doing in there? And why are you asking those questions? And what makes you think you can ask that?’ Part of what patriarchy has created for women is this siloed-off experience, with one answer for what a good life looks like.
On watching her mother Diana Ross: I saw a woman who just was making a path and doing it on her own. She didn’t have hundreds of people doing everything for her—my mom always packed her own bags and cooked our food. She was doing it all and never had the response to me . . . where she was like, ‘Not now, I don’t have time.’ It was very capable, incredibly capable and present at the same time.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Idahams Enlists Peruzzi & Seyi Shay For “Shima”
- Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want two signings
- Luis Suarez applauds Atletico fighting spirit after Barca switch
- My 2nd Album Is Going To Be One Of My Biggest Project Ever – Yinka Rythmz
- Watford close in on William Troost-Ekong
- ‘The Simpsons’ replaces Hank Azaria with Alex Désert as the Voice of Carl in season 32 premiere
- Tiwa Savage, Gambian Kora Great grace Glo-sponsored African Voices
- Lindelof could pay price for defensive lapses – Solskjaer
- Mendy will have to wait for Chelsea debut – Lampard
- ‘We Determine Those Who Visit Our Country‘ – UK Replies FG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World