Twitter founder and chief executive Jack Dorsey has announced a shocking decision of rejecting all paid political advertisements on its platform.
According to Dorsey who is a well-known advocate for freedom of expression on twitter revealed the changes in an eleven-tweet thread.
Dorsey explained further that the company took the action to head off potential problems from “machine learning-based optimization of messaging and micro-targeting, unchecked misleading information, and deep fakes.
He also said that the company is recognizing that advertising on social media offers an unfair level of targeting compared to other mediums.
Naija News understands that this move which will start on November 22 is set to complement the agreement of the EU’s “code of practice on disinformation,” signed by the company and two other social media giant companies.
Meanwhile, the United States President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has berated the action and decision to ban all paid political advertisements on its platform.
Twitter bans political ads in yet another attempt by the left to silence Trump and conservatives. Wouldn’t be surprised if @twitter lifted the ban after 2020.
— Brad Parscale (@parscale) October 30, 2019
In a statement, Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale whined, “Twitter just walked away from hundreds of millions of dollars of potential revenue, a very dumb decision for their stockholders.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- New Music: Carter Trillz – Alone (Prod. By Killertunes)
- Germany 6-1 Northern Ireland: Gnabry scores stunning hat-trick
- Netherlands 5-0 Estonia: Wijnaldum hat-trick helps Koeman’s men bounce back
- Belgium 6-1 Cyprus: De Bruyne leads latest Red Devils rout
- Tottenham sack Mauricio Pochettino
- Kylie Jenner Sells Majority Stake In Her Company For $600 Million
- Kanye West- The Greatest Artist God Ever Created Is Now Working For Him
- Jennifer Aniston reaches 20 million Instagram Followers A Month After Joining
- Man Accidentally Drops Engagement Ring In Sea While Proposing To Girlfriend
- Bill Gates Back As World’s Richest Person, Dethrones Jeff Bezos
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News12 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!