UFC star, Israel Adesanya has apologised for saying he will rape fellow fighter, Kevin Holland in a since-deleted video.
The fighter tendered the apology after coming under attack for his rape comment in a video, where he said; “Bro, I will fuckin’ rape you”.
In a statement, the Nigerian-born New Zealand MMA fighter said he “crossed the line” and he understands the gravity of what he said.
Adesanya in an official apology statement shared via his Twitter page on Thursday said
Last week fight talk escalated to a point in which I crossed the line. I understand the gravity of this word and how it can affect and hurt other people apart from my opponent, although that was never my intention. I am still growing under the spotlight, and I take this as a lesson to be more selective with words under pressure.
Adesanya made the rape comments in response to trash talking by Kevin Holland, who had targeted him with a series of insulting remarks last week.
Earlier, Deputy Prime Minister Grant Robertson criticised Adesanya saying there was never a time to make flippant comments about rape.
New Zealand’s deputy prime minister, Grant Robertson, who is also the sports minister, blasted the middleweight champ and called on the UFC to take action.
There is never a time to make flippant comments about rape. It’s just not something anybody should do. I’m sure Israel understands that. I believe he has deleted the tweet in question. It will be up to the UFC as to what they do.
But I would certainly be making clear to him, and to anybody actually, that we have to take rape seriously.
It’s not an issue that anyone should be making jokes or flippant comments about at all.
Additionally, Rape Prevention Education executive director Debbi Tohill also told NZ outlet Stuff;
People with a large social media following can play a significant role in reducing rates of sexual violence and creating healthy cultures of consent for any sexual activity.
Conversely, this kind of comments where rape is used as a threat create a culture where it is acceptable to make sexualised comments with the potential to cause further harm.
Kevin Holland was yet to the react to Israel Adesanya’s apology, as at the time of filing this report.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes